Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

First PP period or implantation bleeding?

I'm not sure if this is the right board to post this on, but it seems like it would be the best place...

My daughter was born 16.5 months ago and I haven't had a period yet (I'm still BF). Yesterday and today, I've had a very light spotting - only one time each day and only when wiping. After my son was born, my period returned about 11 months later and it came back normal. I've experienced implantation bleeding before and it was more like what I've had the last couple of days, but we haven't had sex in about 3 weeks (I'm not exact on this - my husband says it's been 3 weeks and he's keeping up with it better than me at this point!). Anyone have implantation spotting that far out from sex? Is that even possible? Or is it likely that I'm just getting my first PP period and it's starting out really light? Unfortunately, I have no idea about cycles, ovulation, or anything like that since my periods haven't started back. TIA! :)

Re: First PP period or implantation bleeding?

• it could be.  You could have done the deed 2.5 weeks ago and then it makes sense.  
    Asher Benjamin and Lola Aisling

Infertility
    PCOS, Progesterone Deficiency Disorder, Multiple Miscarriage
    Clomid, Metformin, Ovadril, PIO, P17 Iron/Platlet Tranfusion

My Spring Babies! 
    <3 Angel Baby   Elisabeth Adelle  April 2008 <3
    Asher Benjamin  April 2010
    Lola Aisling  May 2014
  • It really could be either one or both.  My guess would be the start of your first pp period or something similar.  I didn't have this after the girls, but I had some weird spotting similar to that about 2 weeks before my first pp period (that I got at about 14 months).   I was so convinced it was implantation that I took two HPT even though I have an IUD.  It went away after a day or two and then my regular period came two weeks later.  It happened again kinda this month but less so and not the month in between.  I'm guessing it's just my body regulating back out.

Oh and FWIW - My cycles have been very short anyway.  First one was 26 days, which is almost normal for me.  I used to be 27.5 days.  The second one was about 22 days, but I'm not sure that wasn't stress.  It just takes a while for everything to sort itself back out.

• Loading the player...
  • Yeah I weaned DS in January and my periods have been weird ever since. I never used to spot mid-cycle and it's totally happening now. I think that PPs are right that it may be a while before stuff is back to normal (I even got nauseous with sore boobs right before AF a couple of months ago, and we're trying to conceive so it was a bit of a mind-f---).

But if you're concerned, definitely test...

• MsNessaMsNessa member

That sounds exactly like how my first pp period started--at 10 months pp, still BFing.

If you really didn't have sex in the last 3 weeks it isn't implantation bleeding, but could be 1st tri spotting that some women experience.   I would take a test just to be sure, but I'd guess it's your first pp period.

Good luck either way, whichever you're hoping for.  :) 

• Thanks everyone! I still haven't had anything else, so who knows. For now, implantation bleeding is not what I'm looking for, but we've struggled to get pregnant in the past, so it would still be a blessing. I'll try to remember to update if this becomes clear soon. Happy Mother's Day everyone! :)
  • Update: It was definitely AF. I spotted those 2 days, then nothing again until this past Sunday. AF came on full force yesterday. We're definitely not quite ready for another baby, so I am relieved it wasn't implantation spotting this time. But 26 months without AF sure was nice! I wasn't even sure I would remember how to use a tampon! ;) Thanks for your help everyone! :)
  • MsNessaMsNessa member

imageMEL73104:
    But 26 months without AF sure was nice! I wasn't even sure I would remember how to use a tampon! ;)

LOL 

I just happened to check back and I saw your update.  I'm glad it worked out the way you were hoping.  :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"