March 2011 Moms
Options

I cried like a big baby.

Last night was DD's first night in her crib. Before her bedtime routine, I cleaned outher crib, put on a new sheet, then went into our bedroom to move the sleep sheep and monitor from her bassinet to her nursery. I took one look at her bassinet next to my bed and started sobbing. And again, when it was time to put her in her crib for the night...WEPT like a child. lol.

That said, she slept 9.5 hours in there. Win! Except I thought my boobs were going to 'splode when I woke up at 8am and she was still sleeping soundly.

It's still going to take me a while to get over the mommy-sadness of not having her next to me humming and grunting all night. But I am SO glad she sleeps well in her room (so far) and in some faraway part of my brain, I know it'll be nice to have our bedroom back. :)

imagePregnancy Ticker

Re: I cried like a big baby.

• Options
    I feel the same way...I just started putting her in her crib this week and I miss her being next to me.  So far, she has slept longer (8-9ish hrs) in her bassinet, we'll see how the rest of the week goes. I think her crib gives her better support than the bassinet and she can see her toys hanging on the side of the crib which encourages her not to sleep on the back of her head all the time. I seriously tried to see if her crib would fit through the door so we could put it in our room. (if we take the doors down, it will fit!!! But I haven't done that...haha)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary image image
  • Options
    I'll cry too. I haven't put DD to bed in her crib yet, I know I need to, but I don't feel really ready yet. She's getting too long for the bassinet, so I know I'm going to have no choice soon.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS's room is upstairs and our master bedroom is downstairs.  I am SO not ready to put him in his room yet.  I let hin nap in his crib one time last week and I was a nervous wreck having him so far away from me for so long.   He's still not sleeping through the night, and I use that as an excuse to keep him in our room.  He did get too big for his bassinet, so I've now put together his PNP to sleep in the bassinet part until he graduates to his crib.  I have no idea when that will actually be.  DH and I had discussed that he would sleep in our room until he was 3 months old, but if he's not sleeping through the night, I don't want him that far away from me.  Decisions decision...
  • Options
    I am in the same position as PP.  The nursery is upstairs and master bedroom is downstairs.  I am enjoying bed-sharing for now.  Probably once she gets more mobile we might change to her PnP which is in the living room.  At least that will be on the same floor until I am ready for her to go upstairs.  I will probably cry and get the worst nights sleep of my life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"