April 2011 Moms
Options

Looking for suggestions

DH is coming home for R&R in a week and will be meeting Flora for the first time. I want to look nice, too, but nothing I have in my closet will do. I haven't had my 6 week checkup yet, so I'm not cleared for exercise and have about 15-20 pregnancy pounds to lose. I'm looking for suggestions for a dress to wear to the airport. I want something flattering in the tummy area, preferably with sleeves of some sort. I've looked on american eagle, old navy and kohls online.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Looking for suggestions

• Options
    Maybe you can try Forever 21? Regardless of how you look, enjoy every second with YH!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options
    ams8099ams8099 member
    JCP has lots of cute dresses right now.
    Our IVF Miracles! Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

No help here. But really just wanted to share how excited I am for you and your family!! He gets to meet his baby girl! That is WONDERFUL! Enjoy it!

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• Options

I know it's not a "dress," but a peasant top with a broomstick skirt might work. I know lots of ladies who pull that look off and it's really slimming. (I'm short, so it doesn't work for me. I don't know how tall you are.)

Enjoy all of your time as a family and don't worry so much about how you look. He loves you for you! :-)

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

• Options
    I'm sure he's going to love you in anything you wear! What about a skirt with a nice top? Personally, I feel a little more comfortable in that than a dress since I still have a little bit of a belly. I think skirts with shirts are a little more forgiving, plus they are a little easier to find. Enjoy your time with YH and LO, those first moments with all of you are truly the best!!!
    PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker PhotobucketBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I agree with pp - he'll love you in anything that you wear! 

First - I've always found Ann Taylor Loft to be very forgiving around the mid-section.  They probably have some cute summer options available.  Second - its sounds silly but maybe check the sale rack at Destination Maternity?  I have two empire waist dresses that I bought while I was pregnant that still flattering postpartum...

• Options
    I have no advice since I am fashion challenged, but I wanted to say I am excited for you!! 
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I am very excited, too. His requested leave dates were later this summer so that we could take her to the beach together, but in order to get everyone fit into their leave schedule they had to send some people early and they chose him to go first because of the baby. So instead of meeting her for the first time when she's 4 months old, she'll only be a month and a half! She's already changed soo much and is starting to wear her 0-3 months clothes, so sadly she isn't a newborn anymore, but he'll get to experience her in this small stage where she can still cuddle up on your chest. (Oh, how I love chest cuddles!) I might try some skirt/blouse combos and see how that looks. I haven't shopped at anywhere other than motherhood maternity in a year!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm now reading all of these post-baby fashion articles :-) They all link together:

https://pregnancyfashion.sheknows.com/pregnancy-fashion-basics/post-baby-fashion-tips-what-to-wear/

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"