North Carolina Babies
Options

Tips for being away from home?

So I've gone into panic/crazy mode about my upcoming c/s (I thought I was going into labor on Sat). I have never left Jocelyn before so I am nervous about everything going smoothly. Most likely I will be in the hospital for 4 days (3 nights). On the day of the surgery she is staying at a friends house until 5pm, then my sister will be here for 3 days, along with DH who will be coming and going.

I am just not sure what info to leave, if I should label stuff, if I should organize my pantry better, any last minute things I should pick up? DH is very good with DD but he is clueless when it come to finding things for her (clothes, shoes, bowls, cups, etc.). I've written a 4 page manual for my sister and him. Any other suggestions/ ideas to calm me down?  DH will be home for 3 weeks, so I'm guessing he'll be referencing the manual as not to bother me.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Tips for being away from home?

• Options
    I wouldn't worry about labeling stuff or organizing your pantry better. She is old enough and communicates well that she call help tell what she wants and if u give them suggestions on what she is good about eating they should be able to look through and find what they need. And as far as clothes they will figure it out esp. your sister i'm sure. Good luck and everything will be fine. dont worry to much cuz u dont need that added stress!
    imageLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options

If you're concerned & in full-out panic-nesting mode here's what I would do in addition to the manual:

- group whole outfits (shoes, socks, etc) in gallon ziploc bags & label w/ day of the week. same thing w/ PJs & include night diaper in the bag. 
    - put all of J's bowls, cups, etc in one obvious place with a list of meal options (maybe a basket on your countertop). Group & prep meals in fridge as much as possible & label.
    - group all of J's snacks in a basket in your pantry. You could even go so far as to measure out quantities in snack size baggies that could be dumped into a snack cup or eaten straight out of the bag.  

However, I wouldn't stress too much. Jocelyn will be safe and she'll probably enjoy some extra attention from someone who's not normally around. No matter how much you prepare, it won't go exactly the way it would if you were there and that will be OK. For example, no matter how I try to separate J's PJs & outfits when he stays away, he always comes home with the most random outfit on - either not matching or part PJs-part regular clothes. It used to drive me CRAZY, but I just had to accept that it doesn't really matter if he's not matching, at least he's not naked. :)

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I'm sure your DH will do fine. He may seem clueless about finding stuff, but in a pinch he'll pull through! Honestly the only thing I would do is stock up on meals that J likes that are quick & easy. Make a list to hang on the fridge "meals on hand" so both your DH & your sis can figure out what's available.

Don't stress! J will have a blast with her Dad & Aunt!

image Caleb is 3! 101 in 1001
  • Options

Don't sweat this sort of stuff, your sister and husband are adults and will figure it out!! Is it really that big a deal if Jocelyn's shirt and pants don't match as you would have put them on her? Not really, at least she'll be dressed! :) 

Relax, breathe and enjoy your last 2 weeks of pregnancy!!

• Options

imageakspriss:
    I wouldn't worry about labeling stuff or organizing your pantry better. She is old enough and communicates well that she call help tell what she wants and if u give them suggestions on what she is good about eating they should be able to look through and find what they need. And as far as clothes they will figure it out esp. your sister i'm sure. Good luck and everything will be fine. dont worry to much cuz u dont need that added stress!

this exactly.  Your DD will be in great hands and all you need to do is recover while in the hospital.  GL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"