April 2011 Moms
Options

Does anyone else not swaddle at all?

DS hates it and breaks out.  I've been putting him in gowns and sleep sacks at night.  But I'm worried that this is the reason that he only sleeps for 2-3 hours at a time.  Or maybe he is just still too young to sleep longer than that.

Does anyone else skip the swaddling?  How does your LO sleep?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Does anyone else not swaddle at all?

• Options
    Swaddling only lasted a week at my house. LO also hates it and can somehow find a way out of any swaddle.  She kicks out of them and heaven forbid her arms are not up above her head when she sleeps.  You aren't the only one. 
  • Options
    We don't swaddle anymore.  He used to love it but now he really loves kicking his legs and moving his arms, and gets really mad when you try and constrain him.  He sleeps with us, and I put him on his back and tuck him in really close to my body, his head near my armpit and his feet near my hip.  As long as he's touching me, he's content.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We don't.  He prefers to sleep with his arms above his head.  Sleeps 4-5 hour stretches unswaddled. 
    Pregnancy Ticker 
    DS - 2 years old
  • Options
    ncbellencbelle member

He only sleeps 2-3 hours because he's 3 weeks old ;-)

I never swaddled either kid.  We bedshare and E wakes 2-3 times a night in general to nurse.

• Options
    LoCarbLoCarb member
    DD hates being swaddled too. She's like Houdini getting her little arms out. She only sleeps 2 at a time and that's pretty avg with her age (4 wks). At times we will luck out with a 4 hr stretch.
  • Options
    H hates being swaddled too.  She hated it from day 1!  The 2-3 hours of sleep are just because you've got a wee one.  We're just getting to longer chunks of sleep now!
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    We only swaddle if Olivia is really, really fussy and it helps her.  
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We never swaddled. DS hates hates HATES it. Your LO is only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time because he's still a tiny baby. He'll start to sleep longer as he gets older.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options
    We dont swaddle him anymore. It worked for about the first week and a half and then he would just get frustrated since his arms werent out so he could move them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"