April 2011 Moms
Options

Question about my 3 wo DS.

First, I bumped my entire pregnancy, but haven't been on since I had DS on April 25th. I am SO GLAD I finally got back on today. I have been reading through your posts for the past hour or so and I feel 90% better than I did before. I have been feeling really overwhelmed and wondering if being a Mom is as hard for everyone else as it is for me, and now I know that almost everyone feels the same way. I feel like I still don't really know what I'm doing. I'm supposed to know my newborn, but just when I think I have some form of a routine going, he changes it up on me. I have some days where I am great but then some that are harder and I find myself crying wondering if it will ever get easier (mostly the nights my DH works, 7p-7a). I plan on continuing to log on at least everyday to reassure myself and share the experience with you ladies.

ok, now for the quick question! my DS is 3 weeks old and recently began taking 2 ounces every 2 hours. He used to go much longer between feedings and I am wondering if this is normal? What is your experience? Is there a way to get him to go longer between feedings at night? The exhaustion is killing me (esp. when DH is working and not home to help share the work at night). Thanks ladies! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker image

Re: Question about my 3 wo DS.

• Options

Welcome back!

I have a three week DD and we have been doing the same.  Eating every 2 hours the last 3 days.  I BF so unsure of the Oz intake, but I know she is getting at least 2 oz.  I am thinking and have been told that this is a growth spurt.  I am unsure of how long it lasts as we have been 3 days of this no sleeping for longer then 2 hours!

Good luck.  My DH works 12 to 14 hour day shifts 7 days a week currently and we are in the same boat with no help.  Hoping it gets better for us!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Babies are fickle. Just when you start to get them, they change on you. Don't worry too much - I'm sure you are a great mom! As for the feedings, have you talked to your pedi? After LO is back to their birth weight they are allowed to sleep longer stints. If your baby is waking up on their own to eat, I'd say it's a growth spurt. Hang in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Sounds like the three week growth spurt. Have you tried upping the oz each feeding to get him to go a little longer between?
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

I never held you, but I always loved you.
    Baby Squirt- September 2009
    Baby Turtle- May 2010
    Baby Surprise- August 2011
  • Options
    First, our sons share a birthday!!  Second, hang in there it really does get easier.  I know it seems like a long way of but I vividly remember 2 months being a huge turning point with DD.  I EBF so I am not sure about the ounces but DS eats every 1.5 - 2 hours during the day.  He will do longer stretches at night.  Maybe try upping the amount of formula or breast milk in the bottle.  Also not every wake up is about hunger. I try to really watch for signs of hunger.  Good Luck it really does get better!
  • Options
    Yes, I've tried upping the formula and rarely he will take 3 oz but it's usually a fight to get him to stay awake long enough to even eat 2 oz!
  • Options
    and I have been trying to watch to make sure it's hunger when he wakes at night, but if he's changed and not hungry, I am clueless as to what he could want and how to get him to fall back asleep.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"