TTC After a Loss 6 Months+

Did you guys see this - please do this!

Please click on the link below and fill in the letter, even if you aren't doing IVF currently.  This would be huge for so many people.

Family Act of 2011, S 965 introduced in the U.S. Senate

Legislation will remove financial barriers for infertility treatments

RESOLVE:  The National Infertility Association applauds Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) for introducing a bill in the U.S. Senate that would provide eligible taxpayers a tax credit for the out-of-pocket expenses incurred with infertility medical treatment.

Appropriately named the ?Family Act of 2011,? the bill, S 965, would apply to expenses related to in vitro fertilization and treatments to preserve fertility for cancer patients. 

The Bill was introduced just days after RESOLVE?s successful Advocacy Day in Washington, D.C.  Advocates from across the country met with their Members of Congress to advocate for the tax credit.   Enthusiasm was very strong for the tax credit among the Advocates, who see the need for immediate financial relief for infertility patients.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What YOU can do

Now that it is introduced, S 965 needs co-sponsors in the U.S. Senate.  We need EVERYONE who is facing infertility (and their friends and family) to contact their two U.S. Senators.

1. Contact your two Senators right now.  It takes 3 minutes through RESOLVE?s Action Alert System. PLEASE review the online letter and personalize it with your story.  Personal content is far more impactful than a form letter.

2. Ask your friends and family to send letters  too!  Forward this link so they can take action today. https://www.resolve.org/taxcredit

3. Share the information about the tax credit on your Blog or Facebook page!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Did you guys see this - please do this!

• suntotosuntoto member

It was originally the Family Building Act of 2009, but I hope that it can finally move on after being stuck in committee for YEARS. 

Here is the copy of the letter I sent to my family and friends years ago.  I hope it helps... C and P as you want... 

Dear Friends and Family,

I don't normally do this, but occasionally a piece of legislation occurs that "catches my eye."  The one that has caught my eye is the Family Building Act of 2009.  I feel that is a very important piece of legislation, so I would like to take this time and encourage you to write your Senator and Representative and encourage them to support for these bills. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/26/AR2009062602805.html

The Family Building Act of 2009 (H.R. 697, S. 1258) "takes an important first step toward improving the way insurers view infertility," but it is "not a silver bullet for improving the way [in vitro fertilization] treatments are conducted and covered," John Zhang, founder and director of the New Hope Fertility Center in New York City, writes in an opinion piece in The Hill. The bill, introduced by Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) in the House and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) in the Senate, would require health insurance companies that cover obstetrical services to cover non-experimental treatment of infertility, including IVF.

I am including sample letters to your representatives and senators with this email.  All you need to do is fill in your information, and send it to your congressment. 

Thank you for your time,

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Olive44Olive44 member
    imagesuntoto:

It was originally the Family Building Act of 2009, but I hope that it can finally move on after being stuck in committee for YEARS. 

Here is the copy of the letter I sent to my family and friends years ago.  I hope it helps... C and P as you want... 

Dear Friends and Family,

I don't normally do this, but occasionally a piece of legislation occurs that "catches my eye."  The one that has caught my eye is the Family Building Act of 2009.  I feel that is a very important piece of legislation, so I would like to take this time and encourage you to write your Senator and Representative and encourage them to support for these bills. 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/06/26/AR2009062602805.html

The Family Building Act of 2009 (H.R. 697, S. 1258) "takes an important first step toward improving the way insurers view infertility," but it is "not a silver bullet for improving the way [in vitro fertilization] treatments are conducted and covered," John Zhang, founder and director of the New Hope Fertility Center in New York City, writes in an opinion piece in The Hill. The bill, introduced by Rep. Anthony Weiner (D-N.Y.) in the House and Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-N.Y.) in the Senate, would require health insurance companies that cover obstetrical services to cover non-experimental treatment of infertility, including IVF.

I am including sample letters to your representatives and senators with this email.  All you need to do is fill in your information, and send it to your congressment. 

Thank you for your time,

Awesome!  Looks like this bill is a bit different as it would be tax credit rather than insurance coverage.  Either one would be amazing.  If you click on the link I pasted, it provides a letter that you can personalize with your story and automatically sends it to your state senators.   Quick and easy!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • suntotosuntoto member
    imageOlive44:
    imagesuntoto:

Dear Friends and Family,

Thank you for your time,

Awesome!  Looks like this bill is a bit different as it would be tax credit rather than insurance coverage.  Either one would be amazing.  If you click on the link I pasted, it provides a letter that you can personalize with your story and automatically sends it to your state senators.   Quick and easy!

I already have pre-written letters from when I did this.  If you want a copy, I can send them to you.  Wink  I sent the letters along with the info to friends and family and all they had to do was email it to their senator and rep.  It was easy.  

Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • I sent out emails this morning!!!!
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • I sent out emails earlier.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"