April 2011 Moms
Options

um, hello, you just told me that I wasn't healed..

I had my follow-up appointment this afternoon.  My midwife checked everything out and let me know that my stitches are not healed and I probably need 2-3 more weeks of healing before I should even consider having sex.

Then, she proceeded to do a full pap smear!  It was so painful I had tears in my eyes and had to use my labor breathing... I almost kicked her.  I can't have a penis, but I can have a full speculum inside my healing lady parts!?!

Anyone else had this happen yet?  Or is my midwife insane??

Re: um, hello, you just told me that I wasn't healed..

• Options
    janjagjanjag member

Ouch, that sounds awful.  I'm sorry.

I have a couple stitches too, but had a pap while pg, so I hope there will be no speculum. 

Photobucket Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Well that wasn't very nice of her - ouch! This afternoon my dr told me to come back in three months for my pap smear.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My female OB did the same thing - I still have a stitch in as well. I had no clue she was going to do it hurt like a mother and I shouted out "holy sh!t!" when she stuck the 'pliers' in there. My vag hurt into the next day thanks to her shenanigans.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

June Siggy: Fave pic of Aubrey and me :)

• Options
    Ouch! Both times my OB said I'll come back for a pap three months postpartum. I thought that was standard.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

If her doing a pap hurt imagine the pain from rhythm sex.  I don't have a pap until Sept.  

Sorry you had to go through the pain of a pap.  HUGS

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"