April 2011 Moms
Options

I'm Bored all Day

Well, it's 9:45am and we've used the swing, read a book, walked for 45 minutes and stared at each other.I guess the Moby is next.

Anyone else get bored all day? I don't go back to teaching until August.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Re: I'm Bored all Day

• Options
    Yup. I have never been so home-bound in my life. I am still a little nervous about leaving the house on my own.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageSouthSideDrea:
    I'm bred too- do you want to meet for lunch sometime this week?  Or the farmers market tomorrow morning?

I'd for sure be up for something next week. I've got like one hour plans tomorrow afternoon. Tiny catch. . . I'm actually in the Burbs :) PM me :)

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageucfsteph12262003:
    Yup. I have never been so home-bound in my life. I am still a little nervous about leaving the house on my own.

I still have trouble with this and LO is much older than yours. 

Try to do little things like, drive for coffee or run to the post office. That'll get you started!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Options
    imageBBColt78:

imageucfsteph12262003:

Try to do little things like, drive for coffee or run to the post office. That'll get you started!

I was thinking about taking the 5 min drive to Dunkin' Donuts to satisfy my iced coffee addiction. Good idea.

• Options
    I'm very bored.  The one thing I am looking forward to about going back to work is doing something other than sitting here all day.  DD gets easily overwhelmed so it's not always so fun to take her places.  She is much happier at home!
  • Options
    Today is my first day of getting to be bored.  Even though I am on "maternity leave" I still had to do all of my grading and my grades were due this morning.  I'm looking forward to a little boredom.
  • Options
    imageucfsteph12262003:
    imageBBColt78:

imageucfsteph12262003:

I was thinking about taking the 5 min drive to Dunkin' Donuts to satisfy my iced coffee addiction. Good idea.

Yes! I took DD to DD (hahahaha) yesterday! Now I'm trying to find something for today. We walked to McDonalds this morning.

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Options
    Yep, pretty bored. DH goes back to work full time tomorrow, so I know that will make it even worse. I have such mixed feelings about gong back to work in August. The thought of leaving baby girl with someone else all day is killing me, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a SAHM. :(
    Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options

imagejteneback:
    I'm very bored.  The one thing I am looking forward to about going back to work is doing something other than sitting here all day.  DD gets easily overwhelmed so it's not always so fun to take her places.  She is much happier at home!

I was just reading about babies that get overwhelmed yesterday. How do you know that happens? She just gets totally unhappy? Poor thing!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Options

imageSarahL77:
    Yep, pretty bored. DH goes back to work full time tomorrow, so I know that will make it even worse. I have such mixed feelings about gong back to work in August. The thought of leaving baby girl with someone else all day is killing me, but I'm not sure I'm cut out to be a SAHM. :(

I hear you Sarah. Do you have daycare lined up? I have a parent at my school watching LO. I know it will still be hard, but it's nice to know the person and trust them.

I'm for sure not cut to be a SAHM. My sis has two little ones with a third on the way and is a SAHM. I bow down to her!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Options

Yes, bored.  We just moved to this area in January, and I have exactly 1 friend here who has a full-time job 6 days a week.  DH works from 6:30am-7pm or later... so LO and I are pretty much stuck in the house.  OH!  And the a/c decided to go out in my car... and I really don't want to put the little man in there unless absolutely necessary.  So no going to the mall/store just for the heck of it.

Maybe today we'll take a walk around the neighborhood in the sling.

• Options
    ncbellencbelle member
  • Options
    imagencbelle:

Sounds like it's time to get out of the house ;-)

Seriously though - baby will never be more portable than she is now so get going!

I was reading your baby carriers link. I should try to walk with LO in the carrier and not just the stroller. That will help us to mix it up!

IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

• Options

I am SO BORED most of the time.  Our son spent 10 weeks in the NICU, and nothing can compare to that level of boredom.  He was discharged at the beginning of April.   I've been off work since he was born on 1/25, and I go back in a week and a half.  I'm looking forward to getting out of the house for sure.

In our case, we can't even really go anywhere because of RSV.  So, we're basically stuck in the house all day.  That makes it 10x worse.

Blah. 

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

BabyFruit Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

imageimage
  • Options

I'm probably in the minority, but I am LOVING being on maternity leave.  DH went back to work two days after we got home from the hospital and I love being home with DD.  We go for lots of errands and walks during the day.  It definetely helps that she is an easy going baby so far.  My sister is also home with her four kids, so we spend one to two afternoons a week visiting over there, too.

We visited the childcare center she will most likely go to in the fall this morning and though I am excited to get back to teaching, it breaks my heart to know she will be there close to forty hours a week!

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member

I get bored and getting out isn't as easy for me.  We live out in the country and to go to the mall or Target is a 30 min drive and I don't feel like going that far just to get out of the house.

The weather has been crappy so getting out for a walk or to hang out outside isn't happening. Once the weather is better I will be out side all the time though.

I just keep my self busy with Olivia, house work, or do one of my hobbies.

Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageBBColt78:

imagejteneback:

I was just reading about babies that get overwhelmed yesterday. How do you know that happens? She just gets totally unhappy? Poor thing!

She is normally a very happy baby but if there is too much going on she starts crying inconsolably. She did it at infant massage class, two family dinners, a La Leche meeting, and a Mother's Day picnic. (It took a few times before I saw the pattern, LOL!) I have to take her out of the room to calm her. Sometimes it's just not worth it. I do hope she grows out of it.
  • Options

imageSarahL77:

I had to go back to work this week.  It's only for the last 3 weeks of school, but still!  I was like you about going back to work and leaving her with someone else, but when I picked her up yesterday all I had to do was say hello and she was reaching for me.  It was one of the most wonderful feelings in the world! We were lucky and found someone in the town we work in (different than where we live) to keep her and I can run over and just hold her for a little bit at lunch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"