Postpartum Depression

DS is a year and a half and I'm still not ok!

DH and I are trying again and I am weening myself off of zoloft (with doctor approval) but I just stopped taking it and I am already starting to have panic attacks and not deal with stress again!  Before I thought maybe it was hormonal imbalances but now could it really still be hormonal imbalances or is it just not being happy with my life?  I have an amazing DH and DS and have always been such a happy person!  I don't get why I can't get off the "happy" pills!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: DS is a year and a half and I'm still not ok!

• I'm sorry you're having a rough time.  Sad

I have a history of depression and anxiety and have only come to accept in the last year that this is just part of who I am and it's something that I will need to deal with for the rest of my life.

Someone once said to me, "If you were diabetic, would you be upset with yourself for needing insulin?"  That really got through to me.  Whether your depression is postpartum or not, it's an illness that needs treatment.  There's nothing shameful about it and it doesn't mean that you're unhappy with your life.

I had a really hard time being ok with taking meds during pregnancy, but I got pregnant right after I was diagnosed with PPD and everyone agreed that it was safer for me to stay on the meds.  It's definitely something to consider since being depressed/having anxiety during pregnancy increases your risk for PPD/PPA.

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"