Georgia Babies
Options

need pool tote recs

so I've struggled with this in the past, finding a pool tote that is big enough to carry 4 towels, some extra diapers/swim diapers/wipes and a change of clothes for the boys, plus sunscreen (mainly its the 4 towels that are a pita)....I'm not a huge fan of the ll bean bags because I think their straps are too rough and hurt my shoulder (at least for the open top boat and tote, are the zip top straps any softer?)  anyone try the lands end bags?  are their straps any softer?  ....any other recommendations? 

Re: need pool tote recs

• Options
    I have the large Lands Ends bag and i think it'll be the perfect size for what you are looking for. The straps are not that hard and they are easy to carry.
  • Options

What about a roller from LL Bean?  I have the XL and L for travel and they are so durable and easier to carry as a roller vs. your poor shoulder!  For what you need it for, I think the medium would be plenty.  And eventually Finn can be the big helper and roll it too. Big Smile

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/63915?feat=2911-GN2

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    K&P414K&P414 member

Scout Bag all the way, you will LOVE it!  And they aren't very expensive.  They are huge but can fold down really small. They come in tons of colors and patterns.

• Options

I like several options from https://catalog.thirtyonegifts.com/page20_21.html, I have one of the structured rectangular totes already and it holds all our towels, toys, flotation devices, etc and is easy to locate everything since it's open and doesn't collapse.  I usually only bring a separate cooler, although this summer I'll probably have a separate diaper bag for the baby and just attach that to the stroller handles like usual (or a backpack).

Jack 3.5.07 / Ethan 9.17.08 / Lauren 4.3.11 image
  • Options

I am searching for the same thing.  I ordered an LL Bean, and like an idiot didn't really pay attention to the measurements, and it's way too small :-(  For the past few summers I've just been carrying my market tote to the pool and beach.

I like the bag that K&P just posted though!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    K&P414K&P414 member
    imageJoJoEspana:

I am searching for the same thing.  I ordered an LL Bean, and like an idiot didn't really pay attention to the measurements, and it's way too small :-(  For the past few summers I've just been carrying my market tote to the pool and beach.

I cross my heart you will love it!  It's made out of a funny material, like plastic or vinyl? So it's really easy to rinse off.  I have the big huge one and another that is still big but a little smaller.  I guess they are more popular now because the one I bought 2 years ago was like $18 for the large and the x-large I got last year was $25. 

• Options
    rara855rara855 member

XL Open ended Lands End Tote. Love. I have the large but, the XL would be perfect for you. 

One of the moms at our pool carries this, Back pack style but, holds a ton. Gotta love the 80's colors. ;) 

• Options
    rara855rara855 member
    imageK&P414:
    imageJoJoEspana:

I cross my heart you will love it!  It's made out of a funny material, like plastic or vinyl? So it's really easy to rinse off.  I have the big huge one and another that is still big but a little smaller.  I guess they are more popular now because the one I bought 2 years ago was like $18 for the large and the x-large I got last year was $25. 

Where do you buy them at? Any local stores?

• Options
    K&P414K&P414 member

Here's a link from the website.  I randomly did get mine from Tonya's in SSI but I know of 2 stores in Augusta that carries them (Swank in Surrey and I think Mish Mash in Evans) so I'm sure there are other places in Atl. that do.  I googled around a little though and was able to find some on sale online. 

https://www.bungalowco.com/t-retailer-locations.aspx#GA

• Options
    You can get scout bags on amazon too. I've been eyeing them for the last two years.  But this year with another person to pack for, its probably time to order it.  My lands end bag has been outgrown. 
  • Options
    Someone needs to start a new blog - Shitmybagwillhold.com

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"