Working Moms
Options

It's our last week at daycare =(

It's been a roller coaster of a couple of weeks.

DH didn't get a job this year (graduating PhD - academic market is horrible this year), so we had already planned on pulling the kids out for the summer.  This is their last week there.

On top of that, our daycare is closing next month anyway, so now we need to find a new place for the fall. I'd been considering a more 'preschool' setting anyway, but hadn't really researched yet....guess I'd better get on it!

Let's hope June brings some better news for our job/school situations!

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Re: It's our last week at daycare =(

• Options
    How sad, I am giving my notice this week. Moving on to better things for a new chapter in our lives!! Is your DH staying home this summer with them?
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

CafeMom Tickers

• Options

imageRidgebackMom:
    How sad, I am giving my notice this week. Moving on to better things for a new chapter in our lives!! Is your DH staying home this summer with them?

Yep, we needed that to save money but we'd like for at least DD to be in a PT preschool in the fall (assuming DH not finding a job - if he does they'll be full time).  DS we may just keep at home, we'll see.

My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I work for a university, so yeah, I know you're definitely right about the academic market. :(  Hope things improve quickly and that your family gets to have some happy little adventures this summer!
  • Options

Hoping for a better market come September.

Just think how much fun daddy and kids will have all summer! 

Me: PCOs DH: Perfect!
    4 Fresh IVF cycles + 1 FET where embies didn't survive the thaw = 2 perfect little men!
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    sFET 11/9/11 - Beta 11/18 BFP!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    Usually these things work out for the best.  I bet you'll find a new place that you're even happier with for next fall.  GL to your DH on his job hunt!
    DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"