March 2011 Moms

Grunting to get out of swaddle

We have a video monitor and I'm starting to feel like it might not be all its cracked up to be....Last night DD kept me awake forever because she was grunting to get out of her swaddle..Would you try stopping swaddling?? Also wondering if I should turn the volume way down on the monitor...Help please!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Grunting to get out of swaddle

• nici84nici84 member
    is it just her arms shes trying to get out?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker m/c#1: 12-22-09 m/c#2: 5-22-11
  • My LO loves the swaddle from bedtime until her 3am feeding and then she grunts to get out of it until morning. She sleeps through most of it, but grunts and stretches. I just ignore her at this point because I still think she sleeps better with it than without it. We're thinking of moving her to her own room soon though because her noises keep me awake!
  • Loading the player...
  • gosh gavin hasen't been swaddled to sleep since 3 weeks....he hates being restricted..anyone else have this?
  • imagemsmaplemae:
    gosh gavin hasen't been swaddled to sleep since 3 weeks....he hates being restricted..anyone else have this?
    Wow, really? My LO will not sleep through the night unless she is swaddled. Some nights (like tonight) she is fussy and then gets so happy and falls asleep immediately the second that she gets swaddled. Others, she tries to wiggle out, gets even more fussy and then accepts that its bedtime and goes to bed. She has been sleeping through the night since she was about 3wks old.
    Dating 7/25/03 Engaged 7/25/07 Married 11/10/09 L 3/11/11
    Married Bio

• Yes arms..We use the miracle blanket, which I like, but sometimes I see her little hands popping out of the top! It's really so sad, she looks like she's held captive when I see her on the monitor! 

I agree that it is not when I first put her to bed, but that it's later in the night..We moved her out of our room for the same reason, so I guess I just have to put the sound really far down on the monitor so it doesn't keep me up! 

• imagemsmaplemae:
    gosh gavin hasen't been swaddled to sleep since 3 weeks....he hates being restricted..anyone else have this?

We have never swaddled DD. She hates it!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • When DD is only 3/4 of the way asleep she will grunt while swaddled and squirm trying to get her arms out. Some mornings I will even go in to get her and see that she's gotten her arms out the top.

She sleeps 8-10 hours through the night while swaddled so I'm not about to mess up with a good thing and stop the swaddle though!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Diagnosed with PCOS March '10 - Started 1000mg of Metformin
    After 3 unsuccessful Clomid cycles, FSH+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Time to make Emilie a big sister!

May '16 2.0: Letrozole+FSH+Menopur+Ovidril+IUI+Progesterone=BFP! first beta-45.44, second beta-148

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"