TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

XP: Anyone's DH have Low T?

This is a XP from TTCAL.

Does anyone have experience with Low T? I'm a little concerned because the endocrinologist wants my DH to start Androgel but has recently warned us that we may want to consider donating to a sperm bank and freezing his sperm because this will decrease his fertility. WTF?! <---Sorry! Just not expected. I'm also wondering if your DH has Low T if he has had a sperm analysis especially before going on any meds for Low T? Anyone's DH on Androgel?!?

Any information that you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help!

~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
12.6.07 CP at 5w
5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
Life During and After RPL
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: XP: Anyone's DH have Low T?

• Options
    By low T I'm guessing you mean low testosterone, right? Why would the RE want your husband to have a treatment that would lower his fertility? What is the point of the Androgel? If your husband is overweight, he might want to discuss the potential benefit of weight loss on his testosterone level with the RE. Also, ask the RE about if it would benefit YH to take Clomid.
  • Options
    Yes, its not the RE that is perscribing Androgel. It is a regular endocrinologist who is treating his hypothyroid as well. Androgel is used to increase his testosterone. He is over weight due to these issues and is unable to lose weight by dieting. Hopefully once these issues are under control he will be able to lose weight among many other things (sleep issues, strength, etc).
    ~Jess & Mike May 12, 2007
    12.6.07 CP at 5w
    5.21.08 BO discovered at 7w, D&E at 8w3d
    8.31.08 CP at 4w5d
    BFP Sept 25, 2008 bfp buddy lkstor Landon born June 6, 2009
    3.25.11 missed m/c discovered at 9w6d, D&E at 10w2d
    4.28.11 MTHFR a1298c homozygous discovered
    4.2011 Began NaProTechnology
    10.12.11 Diagnosed with Type III Luteal Phase Defect
    10.2011 Starting hcg injections on 5, 7 & 9 dpo
    BFP 12.7.11 - EDD 8.14.12 - IT'S A BOY! Fruit Baby
    Life During and After RPL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The funny thing is that when men lose weight the amount of estrogen in their body goes down. So if he's able to lose any weight on his own, it might help lower his estrogen/raise his testosterone. I understand it's harder to lose weight when you don't have enough testosterone, so I hope he can figure out a way. I would definitely have him talk to the RE before taking any action. If he's concerned about not following his other doctors' orders then I'm sure the RE and the regular endocronologist can confer and come up with a plan that they're both comfortable with. Would your husband be willing to do that?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"