April 2011 Moms
Options

2 part ? for moms with C-Section & moms who are over 35

I will be 34 in a few months. I cant believe I'm already thinking about LO #2 after a horrible pregnancy that ended with 33 hours of labor and a c-section but our plans were to have 2 close together.. I don't have my fu for another two weeks. I plan to ask my dr. these questions then but I'm curious about these things now.

1. Has your dr. said how long your body needs to heal from the c-section before TTC?

2. If I need to wait a year (and be 35 when TTC) what extra procedures/precautions need to be done to ensure a healthy pregnancy.

Thanks!

Re: 2 part ? for moms with C-Section & moms who are over 35

• Options

---

I'm 34 now and had a c-section but will be waiting 3 or more years if we decide to have another LO, so I didn't ask my OB anything about TTC. I know there are some extra screenings you have to do--mostly blood tests if you're over 35 but nothing major. Two of my friends here in town just had their first LOs at 35+. One is 38 and just made partner in the veterinary practice, so she was finally able to have an LO, and the other friend is 42 and finally felt she had things together enough to have an LO. I don't think you have anything to worry about.  

MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    I'm 41 and my OB said to wait a year to TTC our next one.  She said I am in good health and that age 35 is just a number a doctor made up many years ago. I do not have to take any special precautions.  We are going to wait until our LO is 9ms before we TTC again because we figure it will take a few months. (providing AF has returned by then).
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had DD when I was 34 and DS when I was 35.  With DD, I had a c/s because she was breech.  I had a repeat c/s with DS.  My doctor didn't give me any guidelines for time between having kids.  Because of my age, we knew we wanted to start TTC when DD was 1.  Luckily, I got pregnant on our first try and our kids are 21 months apart.  Because I had hit t he 35 mark this time, the only difference was that I had NSTs done every week starting at 36 weeks.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We like having our kids close together.  I am not 35 yet, but I did ask my doc how long I needed to wait before TTC again.  I didn't want to risk my VBAC attempt status by geting pg too soon (if there was such a rule).  She said that there was no reason to wait any time at all if everything looked good at the 6 wk check-up.  We will most likely be waiting until the beginning of 2012 though.
    imageimageimageimageimage 9/07 m/c baby boy @ 18wks, 4/09 m/c @ 4.5wks
  • Options
    Thank you everyone!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"