Toronto Babies
Options

moving to Toronto????

Hello!

I live in North Carolina in the US - and my husband may have a job offer in Toronto -

We have no clue about where to look to live -  Can anyone give me recommendations of what areas to look in for housing options?  Depending, of course, on the cost, we were hoping to rent something - apartment, house, etc. with 3 bedrooms.  What are some areas that are nice, safe, close to/in the city, close to subways, etc. for a small family???

Thank you so much!! Any advice would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Pregnancy Ticker

Re: moving to Toronto????

• Options

We live in an area called Leslieville. It's in the east end of the city, between Riverdale and the Beaches - also nice areas). We love the area because we own a 3BR house with a small yard and a park around the corner but also have public transportation, shops, cafes, restaurants etc. within walking distance. My partner often takes the streetcar to work (financial district) and it takes about 15 minutes. The drive is less than 10 minutes.

Leslieville is considered to be an up and coming area of the city, so real estate is a little bit more affordable. There are lots of houses being renovated. We bought ours in March 2009 and it had been completely reno'd. There are lots of young couples and families as well. The neighborhood has a website as well, if you're interested: https://leslieviller.com/

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

Welcome fellow American :D

I am not much help for the immediate toronto area, we are located a bit further up north in the newmarket/stouffville area!

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I live on the west side of Mississauga (Meadowvale). We like Mississauga. It's a bit cheaper than Toronto. We're about a half hour from downtown. You can get the GO train or buses downtown. You can also get connections to the TTC from our buses here. It also has all the major hwys close by. Also, Mississauga has a lot of green space and trails. If your DH doesn't mind the commute (he doesn't have to drive, he can take the GO), then I would suggest Mississauga.

• Options
    I live in Southwest Scarborough in Birchcliff Village (just a few minutes east of the beaches) - it is a very nice neighbourhood - very friendly!  The housing prices are a little lower than closer to downtown, but we are only a 15/20 minute drive to downtown, close to both Victoria Park and Warden subway stations if you need transit.  It is close enough to the city if you want to be, yet a little more like the 'burbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"