Parenting after 35
Options

Woohoo, thanks weird neighbors.

I have very strange neighbors on either side of me. I'm watching them as I'm waiting for dinner to finish cooking and I had to post - sorry, I'd PIP but they'd totally see me standing in the window with the camera. They made a haunted house for Halloween, and are finally hauling the mdf away on the top of a van...if I did PIP, it would make the White Trash Repairs site! These guys are hilarious, they are stacking this thing and tying it down, each with a joint hanging out the side of their mouth.

I am so tempted to go ask if they are taking the motorbike (sport bike) out of the kitchen, or is it for bench seating. They also made a "smoking room" out of chicken wire and tarp, and a "cat room", also with chicken wire, a tree branch perch, a wing back chair and pvc pipe that is the cat door to go back into the house. Oh, this is all on the deck....and there is duct tape involved. I will PIP this weekend...because they are actually taking it all down!!! The daughter moved back with her FI and are cleaning the place up....just in time for our house to go on the market. And then they can set off their bottle rockets and put a hot tub in the dead truck in the back yard.

Re: Woohoo, thanks weird neighbors.

• Options
    They have had their "Haunted House" up since October.  That is amazing.  You must take pictures.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Please - you MUST get some photos this weekend.  I want to see if what I am picturing in my mind is true.  How bizarre!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I told DH, and he said, damn, I missed the mobile haunted house?? Not fair. Yeah, it was it the front, but they moved it to the back yard just before Christmas. It was bigger than my shed, maybe 10 by 10 and 7 feet tall. And, yes getting pics this weekend of the deck. I have to anyway, I have to take it to the town office to file a complaint (code violation....and it smells bad) I hate to be that neighbor, but it's worse than when they had the couch on the front lawn and planted flowers around it.
  • Options

My #1 house hunting rule is to make sure neighbors are waving distance. I am terrified of getting neighbors like this. I'd be more terrified if they tried to be friends.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Fortunately they are friendly, but only wave hi friendly. When we went house hunting this time we checked out and met some of the neighbors. It's a good fit, young families, empty nesters, a good mix. It wasn't like this when we moved here. I'll get pics....to describe would be a novel.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"