Orange County Babies

Has anyone had to have their baby at CHOC's NICU?

Looks like my baby will have to be there immediately following birth...I saw on their site that the NICU has a few private "rooming in" rooms. Does this mean the new mother can stay at the hospital with the baby? I don't see my doctor again for a couple more days and am just anxious for as much info as I can get in the interim. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Re: Has anyone had to have their baby at CHOC's NICU?

• I'm so sorry for your stress and I hope everything goes smoothly.  Our LO was in NICU (not CHOC though) just for a few days and I know it is tough but the nurses are truly amazing people. Hang in there, momma.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I think it depends on the length of the stay but my neice was in there and between myself and the parents, we would rotate. She was in there for a form of cancer. They have a shower room and there is a room that has a bathroom in it and a pull out bed/couch. This was a few years ago so I don't know if there have been recent changes. Its as comfortable as a hospital could be during that time. Its not your ideal hotel situation but it works to be able to be near your child. I would call the hospital or talk to your pedi about it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My daughter was born 8 weeks early and stayed at Choc's Nicu for 26 days.  The doctors and nurses were amazing.  We didn't get to stay with our baby.  But you can visit any time of day.  The nurses and doctors there made a very stressful time easier.  They were warm and caring. Wishing you and your family all the best. 
  • I recommend asking the hospital to do a walk through, especially since you know your baby will need to be in the NICU. I think seeing the facility and having your questions answered by their staff would help you feel better. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"