TTC After a Loss 6 Months+
Options

Easy come, easy go

Insurance just called and told me they don't cover anything for the donor (egg retrieval, transfer, etc) so basically we are back to paying OOP for the whole damn thing.  I wish I could delete all my happy dance PIP's now.

Oh well, not letting it get me down.  We were planning on paying in the first place and we have a plan so I'm staying positive!

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
3/09 Polyp removed and dx MTHFR (both copies)
6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
5/09 IUI#1 with Clomid=BFN
6/09 IUI#2 with Clomid=BFN
8/09 IUI#3 with Clomid=BFN
IVF#1 = BFN
IVF#2 = BFN
IVF#3 ET 2 Grade A blasts 11/16/11
Beta #1: 485
Beta #2: 2,495
Lilypie First Birthday tickersimage
imageimageimage

Re: Easy come, easy go

• Options
    Suck. I'm sorry hon. Just SUCK.
  • Options
    That sucks.  But you have such a great attitude about it!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

boo! Good for you for staying positive!

• Options
    Big Time Dislike!!!!!  Will they cover your transfer and meds?
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    Oh, I am really sorry - that sucks.  Will your insurance cover your ET?  I know that's not much of a cost.  I hope that everything works out.  Good luck hun. 
  • Options
    I wonder why? That doesn't make sense. You're much more likely to actually get pregnant using DE, thus needing fewer IVF's, thus they'd be spending less money. How would they even know if you're using donor eggs? Is it all in the coding? Devil
  • Options

I'm so sorry. That sucks! I have a dream that one day all insurance policies will cover IF for everyone. However you chose to use it- whether it be donor, surrogate, etc...

I mean really would it cost them anymore if they paid for the retrieval for you or for someone else? 

• Options
    Ugh!  I'm sorry to hear that!
  • Options
    Ahhh Horse Crap.  :(

I'm sorry Luna.
  • Options
    lunatwolunatwo member

imageDoingItRight:

They said they will cover my meds, but not hers and not the transfer.  Basically they won't cover anything with a significant cost associated with it!

To me, if my RE is saying I have to use DE's, then it should be covered.  But that's just me I guess.

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    Sorry about the insurance, that super sucks. But I'm glad you're positive and excited about this next step :)
  • Options
    I'm so sorry :(  
  • Options
    That sucks that they aren't going to cover it. But I love your positive attitude and will continue to keep you in my thoughts.

Jenn

image 3 IUI's all BFN

IVF#1 BFN IVF#2 BFP, loss at 19 weeks FET#1 BFN IVF#3 BFP, m/c FET#2 BFN

Missing our twins Zachary and Madison, lost at 19 weeks on 11/13/09, edd 4/9/10

BFP 7/17/10, m/c 7/25/10, edd 3/25/11

Ectopic, lost left tube 4/20/11, edd 12/6/11

my blog

• Options
    imagelunatwo:

imageDoingItRight:

They said they will cover my meds, but not hers and not the transfer.  Basically they won't cover anything with a significant cost associated with it!

To me, if my RE is saying I have to use DE's, then it should be covered.  But that's just me I guess.

I totally agree with  you but insurance companies suck! 

Can your RE write the script for her meds in your name? Just to save SOME money.

• Options

Well fudge. 

I'm sorry :-( 

My Food Blog - Dinner Delish
    TTC since Oct '09
    Missed miscarriage 3/24/10 @ 16 wks, Partial Molar Pregnancy
    Began our IF journey in May '11
    Asherman's Diagnosis (cervical & uterine scarring) - Surgery 8/17/11
    IUIs #1-#5 & 1 canceled IUI, IVF #1, 2 FETs - all BFN
    IVF# 2 December '12, BFP 1/13! EDD 9/21 
    Complete Previa and Short Cervix. C-section scheduled for 9/3
    Delivered 8/5 @ 33 weeks, 4lbs, 6oz. 
    4-week NICU stay, home 9/3
  • Options
    I'm so sorry Luna.

BFP 12/18/2009. HB 1/4/2010. NO HB 1/18/2010. D&C 1/19/2010
    April 2011 IUI #1 BFN. High FSH and other issues.
    May 2011 Chose to build our family through adoption
    September 2011 Actively waiting for a match
    11/26/11 Surprise BFP * DD born 7/23/12 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    suntotosuntoto member
    Rawr.Smash.Kill your evil insurance company!  I am so sorry Luna.  This sucks.  :-(
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Options
    So sucky!  I'm sorry!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ??? TTCAL Buddies w/ BabyTrippin & CashewsMommy ???
    1st BFP = m/c 4.21.08 @ 7W5D (and divorce)
    TTC #1 since 6.10
    SA #1=Agglutination SA #2= Everything perfect
    HSG= All clear & perfect
    Currently learning to live Child Free
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    ?My NTNP Chart! ?My Blog!?Follow Me on Pinterest
    CLICK to give care & food to animals in need -
    ?Big Girls have babies too!?
    ??Success/pregnant after everything welcome - FHs need not apply??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagelunatwo:

imageDoingItRight:

This sucks!!!  I think that they should cover anything that they would be covering for you if you are undergoing the treatment.  I hate insurance companies!!!!

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers IVF #1 BFP Beta #1 528 & Beta #2 1514
  • Options
    That is discriminatory....there's got to be a lawyer willing to fight that one! Super Angry
  • Options
    Olive44Olive44 member
    I'm sorry, Luna :(
  • Options
    Fvck.  I'm sorry Luna, but I love the attitude.  Stay positive!
    Connor Thomas 6/6/08. Discovered missed miscarriage at 17 wks 3 days, D&C 11/25/09. Please, please, please - BFP 5/21/11, EDD 2/1/11. Beta@12DPO=52, Beta@14DPO=158. U/S 7/7/11 shows strong baby measuring a couple days ahead!!! Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm sorry, Luna. But your positive attitude is great. Good luck!
    BFP #1 10/17/09: missed m/c at 7 weeks; BFP #2 10/22/10: chemical pregnancy; BFP #3: 1/28/11

Baby Boy Smudgie born 10/4/11

<a href="http://s837.photobucket.com/albums/zz298/triple_sevens/?action=view

• Options
    Luna - Can you talk to your Re office and see if they cn do anything?  My insurance only pays for montioring 9 Blood work and ultrasound as long as it's not a ART cyle.   So basically I was told that they wouldn't cover my IUI cycle.  I asked Re if he charge everything else to ins and than they day of IUI I would pay for that OOP.  They just didn't submit the IUI part to insurnce since they weren't going to pay for it any way.   I know it's diffrent with IVF with a donor but, maybe there is something that they can cover that way.  Couldn't hurt to ask?   Good Luck!!!
    10/17/2009 - Our Miracle came 10 weeks early. IF,2 MC and 1 Preemie we have our miracle.. Baby Hope 10 weeks 5days was taken from us on Dec 18, 2007. Forever with us and Forever missed. Triplets Lost baby A @ weeks, Lost Baby B at 6 weeks and lost baby Abigail at 14 weeks when she was born to little for this life..... Forever with us ....
  • Options
    lunatwolunatwo member

imageirishbaby0708:
    Luna - Can you talk to your Re office and see if they cn do anything?  My insurance only pays for montioring 9 Blood work and ultrasound as long as it's not a ART cyle.   So basically I was told that they wouldn't cover my IUI cycle.  I asked Re if he charge everything else to ins and than they day of IUI I would pay for that OOP.  They just didn't submit the IUI part to insurnce since they weren't going to pay for it any way.   I know it's diffrent with IVF with a donor but, maybe there is something that they can cover that way.  Couldn't hurt to ask?   Good Luck!!!

I surely will squeeze as much as I can out of the insurance.  I don't even know how they would know who meds were for and things like that so you would think that I could at least sneak those through or something.  The transfer is the thing that I really don't understand.  How is it not covered when the donor isn't even present for it?

4/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    8/08 BFP resulted in m/c
    6 Clomid cycles, all BFN
    IVF#1 = BFN
    IVF#2 = BFN
    imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.