School-Aged Children

Non-food bday favor idea for KGers

At DS's school, they have the kids bring in favors for bdays instead of cakes, candy etc (not that everyone follows this but ...).  Have you seen any good favors that cost $2-3 each that are good for 6 y/os?  My neice brought in white boards for her bday, which were a big hit (at least with my kids).  We'll be celebrating his bday next month before the end of the school year since his bday is during the summer.  Maybe something to use outside? 
DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12

Re: Non-food bday favor idea for KGers

• I feel like $2-3/kid is a lot of money.  If you brought in donut holes or cookies, it wouldn't nearly amount to that much. 

I was was thinking more along the lines of a sticker for each kid, a temporary tattoo, or a neat pencil.  (Both my kids love special pencils -- scratch'n'sniff pencils, fuzzy pencils, pencils with weird erasers, etc.) 

But, if you really want to look for a bigger item for each kid, try the dollar store.  You might find a class set of something cool there. 

High School English teacher and mom of 2 kids:

DD, born 9/06/00 -- 12th grade
    DS, born 8/25/04 -- 7th grade
  • sidewalk chalk, bubbles, small books, coloring books, flashcards, puzzle books...

i like the small white board idea...if you have a teacher supply store nearby maybe you could get a deal?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • imageneverblushed:

I feel like $2-3/kid is a lot of money.  If you brought in donut holes or cookies, it wouldn't nearly amount to that much. 

I was was thinking more along the lines of a sticker for each kid, a temporary tattoo, or a neat pencil.  (Both my kids love special pencils -- scratch'n'sniff pencils, fuzzy pencils, pencils with weird erasers, etc.) 

But, if you really want to look for a bigger item for each kid, try the dollar store.  You might find a class set of something cool there. 

I 100% agree with this.  

• DD just turned 6 and I bought bubbles at Walmart to put in her favor bags. They came in 6 packs and were only $3.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imagelizloo85:
    imageneverblushed:

I feel like $2-3/kid is a lot of money.  If you brought in donut holes or cookies, it wouldn't nearly amount to that much. 

I 100% agree with this.  

Awesome!  that is good to know!  I love to save if I can (especially since we'll be celebrating his bday at school right around DD's actual bday so it will be an expensive week).  ;-)

DS1 age 7, DD age 5 and DS2 born 4/3/12
  • WahooWahoo member

Pinwheels (those plastic things that spin in the wind).

Also, bubbles and a "fancy" wand that makes extra big bubbles. 

image "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self esteem, first make sure you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.
  • I agree with going to the dollar store. There are a ton of toys for that age group - puzzles, bubbles, sand buckets, etc.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • Wal-mart had bubble wands and jump ropes for $1 last summer and the summer before. They come in a couple of different colors and are great favors. I hate Wal-Mart and detest shopping there...but it was too good of a deal to pass up!
  • we did pencils, sharpeners and mini play-dohs
    SS10 - SD9 - DD7 - DS5 - DS born 10/3/12
  • Target $1 section usually has some good stuff, puzzles, white boards (Cars, and Princess'), stationary sets (kid theme). 

I have done mini playdoughs with a cookie cutter, and ice cream bowls ($ store) with free frosty coupon from Wendy's. GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"