North Carolina Babies

Ok. I need advise from mom's of 2

The bliss is over. My mom was here for 6 weeks and while Keira showed a tiny smidgen of jealousy (asking my mom to put Callie down) we were living in a false reality. She didn't ignore the baby, but she was always sweet and wanted to hold her.

Enter Tuesday. My mom left in the morning and by the evening all hell had broken loose. She HATES sharing the baby with me. She gets really jealous when I feed her and tries to push her off my lap and sit on my lap instead. She also has hit her on the head and kicked her head. I am trying to be extra loving with her and definitely more patient but HOLY SMOKES. 

She woke up Tuesday about 2 hours after she fell asleep in complete hysterics. I thought she may have had a bad dream. It took 20 mins. for me to get her to stop freaking out and hyperventilating. I took her to my bed to snuggle her and put on some TV to get her to chill out. It all started over again when I had to feed Callie and she refused to go to DH and just collapsed on the floor in a heap of tears. It was heartbreaking. After I fed Callie I was able to calm her down again and finally got her back into her bed after midnight. The next day was rough. She hit Callie on the head while I was feeding her and then just cried and cried when she had to wait the whole 10 minutes before I could hold her instead. It's really hard when Callie is crying and Keira is freaking out or I have to fix her lunch, etc.

I know we will all find balance but does anyone have any suggestions on how to help with her being so mean? I do involve her in every way I can. And she still loves to kiss her and hold her. It's just those times when she really wants me and I have to feed or take care of Callie when things get really bad. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers /">< imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Ok. I need advise from mom's of 2

• i have no advice, as i'm terrified that i'm soon to be in your shoes lol.  i don't think ds is going to take very well to having to share me either.

just wanted to say hang in there, and i hope things get better soon.  i hope someone has some good advice for you bc i can only imagine how frustrating and scary it must be to see her having such a hard time.  especially with the hitting.... that's just not good at all. :-(  ((hugs))

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We definitely still have our issues as well.  There are times when Ella is a little more needy and she doesn't want to share me with Zachary.  I've found that if you have one special thing that your child LOVES to do - that will help when you are nursing Callie.  For Ella - it was Sesame Street - we let her watch that only when I was feeding Zachary.  It was a lifesave for us.  As for the hitting / kicking - just remind her that Callie is a baby and with babies we use gentle touches.  We had a problem with Ella wanting to stop on him and now we have a rule that when you're around the baby you sit down.  Oh - and one other thing - if Ella is crying or Zachary is crying - I usually choose to pick up Ella (unless Zachary is hungry / dirty diaper).  I know he'll be ok.  I know it's tough, but you'll get in a better routine in the next month or so.  Hugs to you though - I know it's not easy! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • A few things we did that really helped:

Like everyone said, let her help a lot.  Have her 'help' you feed the baby by holding the babies feet for you, or helping you hold your breast, or ask her to sit next to you so she can help hold the boppy.

If you can manage to do both, have nursing time be reading time for her.  Get her to pick 2 books for you to read to her while you feed the baby.

Every day at the same time, have "keira time" for 20 or 30 minutes.  Do anything she wants to so (within reason) and no babies allowed.  Make it known that babies are not allowed by saying something out loud (for Keira to hear) like "Callie, this is mommy and Keira time.  Daddy is taking  care of you for the next 30 minutes.  NO babies allowed!"

hth.

• I have no idea since I haven't entered that territory yet.  But I have thought about it and I posted something very similar on the 24+ board yesterday.  Here's the link.  I got some good advice.  Hopefully, there's something that will help you too.

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/53205830.aspx

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"