November 2011 Moms

I think I bought a counterfeit Doppler!

I ordred a Sonoline B online and when it came, something about it was just...off.  And it doesn't work!  It turns on, but it doesn't detect anything, not even my own heartbeat, so I know it's not just me.  The packaging is suspicious - I took a picture, but I don't know how to upload it to this site you can judge for yourselves.  The website I got it from is also pretty fishy...there is no real contact information, just an email address and a real address with a PO box.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Would folks really prey on pregnant women like this?  

Here's the link, and if anyone knows how to upload an image, let me know and I'll put it up so you can judge for yourselves...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I think I bought a counterfeit Doppler!

• Honestly I don't think it looks weird at all. Just use the contact info and email them and tell them about the doppler. Or just ask for a refund, the ones on ebay are the way to go!! HTH
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers pregnant image,image,image,image
  • I bought the same one from the same place. I found the babe's heartbeat. Did you use the gel that came with it? 

• Loading the player...
  • I bought that same one from the same exact website and had no problem at all.  The box on all of the Sonoline B's look a bit weird.. no brand name etc. In fact, the brand name sonoline B isn't on any of the monitors either-- not even the ones on ebay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The website doesnt look that fishy and mine came in exactly the same box thats shown at the bottom of the page. Maybe you just got a faulty device. Try contacting them. 

BFP 03/01/2011 - DD  Annabelle 10/28/2011
    BFP 12/2/2012 - MC 12/19/2012 @ 5w
    BFP 01/25/2013 - MC 02/09/2013
    BFP 09/09/2013 - DUE 05/17/2014
  • julesjbjulesjb member
    I have the same one from that website an have not had any issues?? I think there is a customer service number on the receipt. Also make sure the wand is completely plugged into the unit, some were having issues because the connection was a touch loose.
    BFP #1 6/18/10 Saw HB 7/15/10 Missed M/C 8/17/10 @ 12 weeks 2 days- 2 D&C's( 8/20 and 8/26) BFP#2 11/21/10 Nonviable at 5wks, possible ectopic. Methotrexate 12/3/10&12/9/10 BFP#3 3/10/11 Beta@12dpo 39 Beta@14dpo 160! 21 DPO 2439 HB at 7wks 127 EDD 11/17/11
    ITS A BOY!!!! Born 11/13/11 BFP #4: 10/29/12 edd 7/11/12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagerachaelski:

I bought the same one from the same place. I found the babe's heartbeat. Did you use the gel that came with it? 

This. 

I used way more gel then I would have ever thought to get the heartbeat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought the exact same one.  The website isn't that great, but it didn't look fishy to me.  Mine works perfectly fine.  I don't even have to use that much gel to find the heartbeat.  I barely cover the top of the doppler wand.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had the same problem and even though I thought the wand part was connected well to the main piece, it wasn't and had to be pushed in even further.  (I didn't order from the same company you did, but when I called, they said this was a very common issue.)
  • imagebaileyrayvalentine:

I ordred a Sonoline B online and when it came, something about it was just...off.  And it doesn't work!  It turns on, but it doesn't detect anything, not even my own heartbeat, so I know it's not just me.  The packaging is suspicious - I took a picture, but I don't know how to upload it to this site you can judge for yourselves.  The website I got it from is also pretty fishy...there is no real contact information, just an email address and a real address with a PO box.  Has this happened to anyone else?  Would folks really prey on pregnant women like this?  

Here's the link, and if anyone knows how to upload an image, let me know and I'll put it up so you can judge for yourselves...

Make sure the sensor is plugged in all the way....when mine came, it wasn't, so it wasn't detecting anything. I freaked out and thought it was fake too, but then I read online this happens a lot, so press it in hard and try turning it on again...you should hear static now and it will detect heartbeats.

• I bought mine from here. It works just fine. I would email them and ask for their return policy. I emailed right when I ordered and got a response within 24 hours.

https://www.pulseoximeteronline.com/sonoline-c1.html

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"