Illinois Babies
Options

Chicago Blue Dolphins?

Anyone take swimming lessons here? We live nearby and I am considering it - the fact that they keep the water warm is adding to its appeal in my mind (DS HATES cold water!). :)

Re: Chicago Blue Dolphins?

• Options

My DH did private lessons with the owner/head coach and was incredibly happy with it.  My dh would drive in from the burbs (almost an hour) for them.

But, since your looking for swim lessons for your ds, I'm not much help :) from the kid prospective.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Options

we have our first lesson tmrw!  i will (hopefully remember to) report back! 

we don't live far either.  i'm hoping to be able to walk there most weeks. 

there was a mamapedia deal there a week or two ago - did you get it?

• Loading the player...
  • Options

We went today.  I would recommend it. 

Like you mentioned - the water is kept warm. Even the humidity is kept high so that there's no chill when you get out of the pool. The pool is small, but in the time slot we were there today it was only us and another kid/mom.  The instructor that we had was good - she was able to teach both my 11mo old and the other kid (about 3?).  And after seeing how the other kid was a bit difficult at times - not sure whether the kid was in swim lessons from a super early age - but it kind of reinforced us to get my daughter used to the water early. 

• Options
    kme930kme930 member
    imageBabyCopper:

We went today.  I would recommend it. 

Like you mentioned - the water is kept warm. Even the humidity is kept high so that there's no chill when you get out of the pool. The pool is small, but in the time slot we were there today it was only us and another kid/mom.  The instructor that we had was good - she was able to teach both my 11mo old and the other kid (about 3?).  And after seeing how the other kid was a bit difficult at times - not sure whether the kid was in swim lessons from a super early age - but it kind of reinforced us to get my daughter used to the water early. 

Thanks for the report! We'll probably do evening classes or weekend classes since I work FT, so those may be more crowded, but glad you hear you liked the class! :) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"