January 2011 Moms

Where and how does LO sleep? (non-clicky poll)

Are you using crib/bassinet/co-sleeper/bed share/RNP?

In your room or their own room?

Swaddled/unswaddled?

Re: Where and how does LO sleep? (non-clicky poll)

• I'll start:

RNP, in my room, swaddled.

But, it's getting hot, he hates the swaddle (but keeps himself awake if not swaddled), and I think it's time he sleeps in his crib in his room so he can start to explore on his own without being so confined. But, he doesn't seem to be interested in that!  

• Sleeping was going GREAT until last week when we stayed with my parents and she had a late night. Now she's so overtired she hasn't been able to let herself get a really long sleep.

Right now, she's sleeping in a PnP in our room swaddled for the night.

I don't swaddle for naps. Naps are in the swing, her crib in her room, or the car seat when we're out.

BUT - I'm thinking that she needs to move to her room because I think we're starting to bother her more than anything else. We go to sleep after she does, which is disruptive to her, and she wakes up to DH's alarm or to him getting ready in the morning since he has to walk past her a hundred times. I'm not ready for it, but I think she is.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • DD has slept in her crib in her room since day 1. We only bring her in our room in the PNP if we have overnight visitors - so we can get to her faster and hopefully don't wake our guests.

We pin her arms down using step 1 of the escape proof swaddle (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K4VdZxwsu4), but do not wrap her in blankets. She breaks loose during the night, but that's ok. We use it more as a "it's bed time" cue and a calm down method than to actually restrict her movement. Usually when we go in in the morning she's sleeping on her side.

Edit: Naps are in the swing.

• Crib, his room, unswaddled

DS has been in his crib since he was 3 wks old.  Only time he doesn't sleep in his crib is if he fussy for constant movement, he'll sleep in the swing in our room (but that's few and far between). He went from being swaddled all the time, to every once in a while, to not at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image image image
  • Crib, his room, swaddled.  We transistioned him to his own room at 3 monthns and he slept better for it. 

• SadJay sitll sleeps in his RnP. He stays swaddled while sleeping in it. When I put him down in his crib he easily unswaddles himself and wakes right up. I am dreading the day when we dont swaddle

Still in our room because he is in his RnP.

And yes SWADDLED!!!!!

• Crib since Day 1 swaddled.  Yesterday was our first night without a swaddle. For naps he's always been unswaddled and will nap while I hold him, in the swing, RNP, or crib.

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Crib in his own room since day 4.  He sleeps swaddled and sleeps from 8:30 until I wake him up at 6:30. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket
  • At night she is in her crip, swaddled, however she is  breaking out of the swaddle and we will stop using soon. For naps on her nap nanny on our bed in our room.

She been in her crip since 8 weeks old.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • She sleeps in our room, swaddled, in her swing.  We'll be transitioning her to her crib in her own room at 6 months, per recommendations.
    image  image
    Carina 12.28.2010 | Aurelia 9.23.12 | Chart - Round 3
  • Used to be in a PNP in our room.  A couple of weeks ago, though, we moved him to the crib in the nursery.  He's slept there since.  We haven't swaddled in at least a month; he was breaking out routinely and then waking himself and crying.  There must have been a transition period to sleeping soundly without the swaddle, but honestly I don't remember it.
  • My baby girl sleeps in our room (co-sleeper or in my arms).  We have never swaddled her.  Last night we got a 5 1/2 hour stretch! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Simon sleeps in a crib in our room, unswaddled. We stopped swaddling about a month ago when it started getting too hot (we're in Texas). Like PP said, I'm sure there was a transition but I don't remember it. I rock him to sleep in the living room and then lay him down around 8pm and he goes til 6:30 when we wake him up. During the day he's at daycare and naps in the swing or his crib there, also unswaddled, but he is starting to really love his little lovey satin blanket.
  • PNP in our room, although we're thinking about moving to the crib in his room soon. Unswaddled.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • LO was sleeping in his room in the crib swaddled, he got a cold and since then he prefers to sleep in his car seat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Crib has one side removed and is side-carred to our bed. LO only sleeps swaddled (his choice, not mine--LOL).
  • Crib.

His Room.

Unswaddled.

• Are you using crib/bassinet/co-sleeper/bed share/RNP? crib (she slept in a pack and play in our room for the first 3 or 4 weeks though)In your room or their own room? her own roomSwaddled/unswaddled? unswaddled
  • The first 2 weeks she slept in our room in a PNP.  Then up until about 2 months she slept in her room, in her swing, swaddled.  Then we transitioned to her crib and swaddled. She has slept unswaddled the past 4 nights in her crib and is sleeping about 2 hours longer than when she was swaddled.  Apparently she likes sleeping on her left side Big Smile
  • RnP in our room swaddled, but he's starting to break out of every swaddle we try, even the ones that pin the arms, so I think we might need to try an alternative... I'd like him to stay in our room for 6 months. He starts daycare in a month though so we'll see how he does in a flat crib there, b/c he doesn't tolerate it much here yet.
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • PnP, our room, unswaddled. We stopped swaddling a few weeks ago (here in Florida it is too darned hot). Since we have cats and no monitor yet we have yet to have him sleep in his own room. I am thinking about switching LO crib and PnP soon though.
  • DS sleeps in his crib and has since he was about 4 weeks old, he hated his PNP.

We just moved the crib and him into his own room tonight... so we'll see how that goes.  He was in our room up until now.

He's unswaddled.  He started breaking out of it at 2 months so we just weaned him off of it. Sleeps great without it now!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • At night he's in his crib, in his room, swaddled.  We made the switch from our room around 3 months.  DH was starting to wake him when he came to bed and he needed his own space.

For naps he's anywhere I can get him to stay asleep. (usually the swing or our bed)

Of course now he's going through his four month wakeful, and STTN with frequent naps is over for now.  Today has been awful with both nursing and napping. Tonight he's just been screaming, with his eyes closed and falling right back asleep when I pick him up.  His routine is shot to sh!t since Easter and now Grandpa is visiting too.  Right now he's sleeping in our bed and I'll join him in a bit.

PCOS Dx 12.08 / BFP! 4.22.10 DS1 born 1.4.11 DS2 born 6.19.13
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In her room, in her crib, unswaddled. 
  • crib in her room swaddled.
  • PNP, our room, unswaddled.  He was over the swaddle at 2mo.  He doesnt have his own room so we have to share and let me tell you..........it blows.  I think we would all sleep better if he had his own room.  I cant wait until we move in August! 
  • In her nursey in her crib and swaddled
  • LO sleeps in her nursey, in her crib, on her belly, with a blanket!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • ds has been in a PnP in our room.  I stopped swaddling him around 2 months, but I really think I need to go back.  He's just not sleeping long stretches anymore and it's killing me.  Also, I'm planning on getting him into his crib (now that I've set it up) in his own room.  We definitely disturb him at night and in the morning when DH gets up for work.  Plus all his noises constantly wake me up.  He's 3 months old. 

• Elise sleeps in her crib in the room she shares with her sister. She was swaddled up until 2 weeks ago.
    IMG_5889 Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • crib/ our room/ unswaddled he gets hot quick.

• crib/her room/swaddled.  We just moved her out of the PNP in our room about a week ago. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bedshare, our room, swaddled.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• Are you using crib/bassinet/co-sleeper/bed share/RNP? A sleeps in her crib in my roomIn your room or their own room? Still in my room. Probably till she's about 6 months.Swaddled/unswaddled? A never took to the swaddle
    imageLilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"