Eco-Friendly Family

Travel WWYD?

Someone tell me I'm not crazy to use cloth at Disneyland next week.  I can do laundry right before we leave on Monday, we have enough nighttime diapers for both kids for 4 nights and PLENTY of diapers for DS during the day, and we would be back around the same time we had left on Friday, so exactly 4 days.

So please tell me it isn't nuts.  We're driving and could possibly do laundry there but I don't see the point if we don't need to.

DS has never worn disposables so I just really don't want to, you know?  No reason, and I can't even get any of the EF brands here so I would hate to do it...

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Travel WWYD?

• I plan to CD when we go to Disneyworld in November.  We will be there 6 days and 5 nights.  I have enough CDs to get us through.  We are also driving so I don't think it will be an issue.  I say go for it and you aren't nuts!!  Or if you are than we both are Stick out tongue
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • i don't think you're crazy, but i would consider getting a small pack of disposables just in case. you have time to order the EF ones online and get them before you leave.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

• Loading the player...
  • We did it for a couple days. Just take multiple wetbags with you & you'll be fine.
  • Not crazy.  I did it for four days on a trip to Vancouver with no laundry.  I did laundry while in Key West for a week.  The coin op was ridiculous, but in the end I was really glad I brought my cloth.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I don't think it's necessarily crazy. My main consideration would be where you are staying. If you're staying at a nearby location and plan to do an afternoon nap/rest break or something (i.e., built-in time to drop off dirties/pick up clean diapers), then I think it would hardly even be a big deal at all. I mostly would be interested (personally) in minimizing the amount of stuff I was lugging around the park all day, and an extra bag of bulky diapers would be a bit much for me, but if I could do half and half, it would be fine, I think.
  • I have always taken cloth on vacations with me.  I never thought of anything else.

Although when C was real little and we did, I ran out of CD's on the way home, as he pooped a few more times than usual.  It sucked.  I ended up using a blanket as a diaper in his carseat until we got home.  :P  Luckily we were only a few hours away  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imagelilibet:
    I don't think it's necessarily crazy. My main consideration would be where you are staying. If you're staying at a nearby location and plan to do an afternoon nap/rest break or something (i.e., built-in time to drop off dirties/pick up clean diapers), then I think it would hardly even be a big deal at all. I mostly would be interested (personally) in minimizing the amount of stuff I was lugging around the park all day, and an extra bag of bulky diapers would be a bit much for me, but if I could do half and half, it would be fine, I think.

This is my plan.  We will be returning to the hotel in the afternoon for a nap/rest (for both Quinn and my dad).  I figure I'll be able switch out dirties for more clean diapers so I'm not lugging everything at the park.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We have always traveled with cloth too but rarely to stay in hotels without laundry facilities, which is why I was a little nervous.  But we have our normal 3-day stash plus extra fitteds and 18 prefolds so we won't run out.  4 days is just pretty long to go without washing but SHOULD be okay....

Thanks for just helping me feel a little less crazy :)  I hate the idea of spending $ on disposables so I really didn't want to bother.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"