Parenting
Options

35+ moms

what tests were offered?  what did you have done? 

Re: 35+ moms

• Options
    I opted for the CVS and would do it again in a heartbeat if I get pg again.
    Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Options

I had the NT scan combined with 2 blood draws to get a risk assessment.  My blood draws were for the penta screen--which is the latest addition to the normal quad screen.  It's supposed to be very accurate.

Based on a very low score, nothing else was offered.  We had our big U/S today and they spent extra time checking out the anatomy--looking for facial/abdominal features that are congruent with certain syndromes.  That came up fine, as well, so that is as far as we will carry the testing.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Last time I was offered everything. ?I did all the bloodwork and the nuchal scan, 20 week ultrasound. ?Everything was good, so I didn't go further.

?

This time, same thing... ?I will start with the nuchal and go from there.?

• Options
    forgot to add I had no risk factors other than my age. I was offered an NT but opted for the CVS b/c I am a neurotic worrywart! ;)
    Sisterly love--Sophia (1/14/07) and Baby Margaux (7/13/10) image Doctor in training! :)image
  • Options

i had the NTS with my DS  = i was 33 y/o then.

I'll do that again for sure this time- and depending on the outcome- may or may not do any further testing.  I don't think the results would change our minds about continuing the pregnancy- so I don't want to put more risk in the mix... but hopefully we won't hvae to make that choice- b/c you never know until you are there and have to make it.

• Options
    ps- there is a pg after 35 board on the bump now - come over there! We need more action there!
  • Options
    I was 36 and I had the bloodwork and a level 2 ultra but that is all.  Nothing else.  I was termed a "elderly pg" by one nurse though, lol
  • Options

nuchal translucency plus bloodwork both times (at 35 and 38). Offered the cvs or amnio but declined based on those results.

one good tip: ask if you can do the bloodwork first. you do it like a week before the NT u/s, and then you can get the results instantly. helps keep you within the window to get cvs if you want. 

• Options
    Because I was 40 I was offered genetic counseling that was covered by insurance.  They reviewed all of our testing options.  We chose the CVS test and were happy with our decision.
  • Options
    I had the CVS testing and would also do it again in a heartbeat.  At 11.5 weeks I knew that I was having a healthy little girl and I was able to really enjoy my pregnancy instead of being a nervous wreck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I had the nuchal translucency and an amnio both times. Technically, since I went straight for amnio this time, I could have skipped the NT test, but I wanted the ultrasound. LOL

AKA KnittyB*tch
    DS - December 2006
    DD - December 2008

imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"