Eco-Friendly Family

WWYD? (leaving the kids- clicky)

One of my good friends is getting married May 21st in Aruba.  At first, I thought the whole family would go but it was going to be about $**** which we ended up spending on dental work for DS1 so I came to terms with the fact that we would have to miss it.

DH got a check for repayment of a claim that we weren't expecting.  It will cover the trip a couple of times over so he looked up rates to see if we could swing it.  The only thing is that it would just be the two of us because we wouldn't be able to get the kids passports in time.  The only time I've been away from them overnight was when I had DS2 and was in the hospital for two nights.  My mom stayed here with Eli and it was fine.  He had a good time. I feel comfortable leaving DS1 but DS2 is going through seperation anxiety and is still nursing to sleep (although I was contemplating weaning him this week...I just keep pushing it off later and later).  He does do well with my mom but I'm not sure how he would do for so long and obviously it's not like I can just hop in the car and come home quick.

We would be gone for 3 whole days including three bed times...leaving early Friday and not returning until late Sunday.  This would cost us $**** and although we have this extra money there are definitely other places we could be putting it.  I've been good friends with this person since 5th grade.  We're not best friends but we are close (she was in my wedding). Even though she lives two states away, I still see her a couple of times a year when she's home to visit her parents.  My mom got on board when I mentioned the possibility, although admitting she may not leave the house for three days with them which frankly would make me happy to know they're safe at home.

We would need to get a guardianship around before we leave because we keep putting off putting a will together because we can't decide for sure on who we want to appoint guardians.  I would need to get a dress and bathing suit.  We also may not be able to get the group rate for a room as it doesn't even look like there are rooms open at the hotel so thats up in the air.  I also don't know if it would be a big deal for her to add us to the guest list at the last minute.

On one hand, I really want to be there and I think it would be a good getaway for DH and I that we could use but on the other hand I really, really don't want to leave the kids, especially for that long being so far away.

WWYD?

ETA- updated to remove dollar amounts.

[Poll]

Big E (6) & Little E (2.5)

Re: WWYD? (leaving the kids- clicky)

• I would go! I would be nervous about leaving my babies, too, but it would be a great re-connect with DH. Call your friend tomorrow and see if you both could be added still? If yes, then book travel and go get a new dress. And when you come back we want to see pic! Aruba! Go, have fun!
  • I say go.  Whenever I've been nervous about leaving Will he's always done tons better than I expected and Evan will have his brother around which will help too.  Opportunities like this don't come along all the time!
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • CABunnyCABunny member
    Please go! :)
    Mama to two boys and a girl: J (6 yrs), C (4 yrs) and A (4 mo)
    Posts on cloth trainers/PLing
  • Go, the kids will be fine and you and dh will enjoy being a couple.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Go!  Nursing isn't a good enough reason to stay past age 1, IMO.
    Photobucket

Bar tab = $156,000, Bus to Foxwoods = $0, Puking in the Stanley Cup = Priceless

• My main hesitation if I were you would be that one child still nurses to sleep.  I would definitely have to wean before I left him.  I think that would be a really hard experience for him if mama is gone and they are wanting to nurse, two hard things at one time.  If you are already weaned then it would be fine.  Your mom will survive the weekend and you will have a great time! The boys will have each other and be with a loving grandparent so youre good to go!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • can you show your mom how to use skype, or something like that, and set up a bedtime call with your boys every night? that might help with some of the separation anxiety.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker White Knot

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"