2nd Trimester

BFN but pregnant?

Hi Ladies,

I usually have a 28 day cycle. Never have I been longer then 29 days (29 day cycle I was sick) I am now on cycle day 31 with no period. i have had cramping for a week and a half, and very sore nipples, dizziness, nausea etc. I have taken multiple pregnancy tests but they all come back negative. My dr believes there is a chance I may be pregnant but the tests are not sensitive enough to tell. She is sending me for blood work on Thursday if I still don't have my period. Have any of you ladies experienced something similar?

(I'm not charting but I had ovulation pains and EWCM on day 14 of my cycle) 

Re: BFN but pregnant?

• I'm usually have a 30 days cycle but once I went to 44 days.  I took multiple pregnancy tests that all turned up neg.  I went to the Dr. and they ran lots of test but couldn't figure out why.  You may be pg or it may just be a fluke.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • It is not unusual to have an occasional longer than normal cycle.  I had a couple that were 35-36 days with my normal being 30-32.  I suppose there is a chance you could be pregnant, but you probably ovulated later than you thought.  If the hormone levels are high enough to give you pregnancy symptoms, it would be high enough for a HPT to detect.  That being said, PMS and early pregnancy symptoms are very similar.
  • Loading the player...
  • I have a 28 day cycle that you can set your watch by!  This pregnancy I took one at 29 it said negative. I waited 'til day 35 and it was a positive. Maybe you have to wait a little longer. They usually say to wait at least a week after your missed period.
    BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • I had felt queasy and took tests for two weeks with nada.

Then, one day BAM! There was my BFP! It was a surprise baby, but I had a sneaky suspicion that I was pregnant. Those two weeks really kept me on my toes.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It might just need a little more time, test in the morning, and dont drink a bunch of water so you can pee, cause you can dilute the hormones... but try again in a few days, and if not, look into the other posible explainations.

Good luck!!

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagelissasue3:

You probably ovulated later than you think.  Or your LP is a few days longer. 

Use a FRER, that test would be sensitive enough.

This. You can have a 28-day cycle for 10 years straight and still ovulate late one cycle and be off by a few days. General consensus is to test once a week until your period shows and go see your doc if you go more than 60 days since your last period.

BabyFetus Ticker
    It's a BOY!

CafeMom Tickers
  • I had some symptoms the week before my BFP, but they were the same as my PMS symptoms (sore boobs). But when they didnt go away I tested. BFN. So I figured AF was just taking her damn good time. A week later I tested again, BFP. You've probably just miscalculated your cycle. Test with first morning urine, if it's still a BFN wait a week. If AF still hasn't shown then test again.
  • Cramping before your missed period is pretty common. I've only tested at 5 days post-due period (with this LO) and 6 days post-due period (with my DD). I think that goes back to me not wanting to waste money on tests by testing too early. I've heard of a very, very few ladies who don't test positive until they're a few weeks post-due period. It is not common, though. Good luck.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • I don't want to get your hopes up falsely, but I never got a BFP and I am not 23 weeks pregnant.  I took two tests at home, and they were both negative.  But my period never came, and never came....  so finally my doc said I should do a blood test, and low and behold they told me I was pregnant.  She did an ultrasound to verify and there was the baby!
  • imagebluerevolution9:
    I don't want to get your hopes up falsely, but I never got a BFP and I am not 23 weeks pregnant.  I took two tests at home, and they were both negative.  But my period never came, and never came....  so finally my doc said I should do a blood test, and low and behold they told me I was pregnant.  She did an ultrasound to verify and there was the baby!

Thanks for sharing your story! It does give me hope :)

I am officially on CD32 and no sign of my period.... Thanks for all the great replies! Now I just have to wait for the blood work results!

• imageMrsNash37212:
    imagelissasue3:

You probably ovulated later than you think.  Or your LP is a few days longer. 

Use a FRER, that test would be sensitive enough.

This. You can have a 28-day cycle for 10 years straight and still ovulate late one cycle and be off by a few days. General consensus is to test once a week until your period shows and go see your doc if you go more than 60 days since your last period.

This exactly.  I highly recommend that you check out the TTGP board and chart on Fertility Friend.  Taking Charge of Your Fertility is a great book to read also.

Oscar born October 2011

Miscarriage at 8 weeks (August 2013)

DD due September 1, 2014

BabyFruit Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"