Military Families

Long shot ? Infertility @ Bragg?

DH and I were referred to the Infertility Clinic at Womack. I?m unable to find any real information on Dr. Parker and was wondering if anyone is familiar with him. What is/has been your opinion on treatment with the clinic?

TIA

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Me:25 DH:27 4/07 dx PCOS : 5/09 stopped BC : 7/10 actively trying : 4/11 dx MFI (low motility) general work-up begins next cycle treatment to start mid-june

Re: Long shot ? Infertility @ Bragg?

• I've been seeing Dr. Parker since the beginning of December and so far I've been very pleased with him and his staff. I have to warn you that the wait list to see him is very long since he's the only RE in the area but in my opinion, it's worth the wait to see him. I'm currently going through IUI #2 with him. 

Overall, he's very nice and open to your suggestions and input as far as your treatment plan goes. His nurse Dori is also wonderful. Sometimes the appointments are super early in the morning (6:00 AM) - that's my only complaint!

TTC since 2007. Dx PCOS 6/2010
    4 unsuccessful rounds of Clomid
    Clomid 50mg - BFP #1 - February 7, 2010 Missed miscarriage March 25, 2010
    Clomid 100 mg - BFP #2 - October 28, 2010 Chemical pregnancy November 4, 2010
    IUI #1 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel = BFN
    IUI #2 - Femera + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #3 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #4 - Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IUI #5 - Menopur + Gonal-F + Ovidrel + Endometrin = BFN
    IVF #1 - Microdose Lupron Flare protocol = BFN
    FET = BFN - lost all remaining embryos
    IVF 2.0 - In progress. 20 retrieved. 16 mature. 10 fertilized with ICSI. 3, grade I embryos transferred, 7 made to freeze. Currently in the 2ww.
  • I'm a lurker over here but I saw this and figured I'd reply.

I've been seeing Dr.Parker since February- I really like him! I personally know 4-5 couples who have achieved pregnancy with his help and I have a lot of faith in him. He's open and willing to talk things over with you and Dori is awesome! (His Nurse like the OP mentioned) I am currently in the beginning stages of treatment for PCOS and he's been very aggressively treating it which is exactly what we needed as we've been trying for 17 months. HTH and GL!

• Loading the player...
  • Well we are currently prego. But ironically it happened naturally...lol. We saw Dr. Parker for about a yr and a half. We had more contact with Dorie and Jaimie the ultrasound tech than Dr. Parker. When we did see him he was very informative and receptive to all our questions. The paraglide did a story on the clinic and staff. Dorie was great through the whole process. She was disappointed with us when IUI did not take or had to cancel IUI, and ecstatic when we got prego. During that time we also went through a miscarriage and they made me feel like I was their only patient. If going through this the longer it takes the emotions can go up and down. Do not lose hope.

If you have to go through any procedures such as IUI or Invitro these services are done off post. The lab where these were done were just as great. It can be awkward for your husband to make a deposit at that clinic. They do not make you feel weird though or uncomfortable.

Good luck and I hope it all works out for you. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"