2nd Trimester

Re: Are you planning to vaccinate?

Yes, the Gov is now admitting a link between autism and vaccinations:

https://healthimpactnews.com/2011/feds-know-of-many-cases-of-autism-caused-by-vaccines/  (I'm sure there are plenty of articles out there on this, but this is the latest which is being released today).

And yes, I can back up Vitamin D deficiency and the Flu:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=vitamin-d-deficiency-linked-to-more-2009-02-23

https://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=benefits+of+vitamin+d+and+the+flu&s_it=keyword_rollover

All I am saying is, it's ALWAYS best to do your own research instead of blindly going along with your Dr.  Don't forget, he/she benefits financially if your child gets vaccinated.

Ignorance isn't bliss, it's dangerous...

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Re: Are you planning to vaccinate?

• imageRJJB:

I think you have proven that point.

FWIW, conspiracy theory websites aren't "research"......LOL.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Regardless of whether the correlation between autism and vaccinations is valid or not, the vast majority of children benefit from being vaccinated against specific diseases. I will not debate the validity of the article you posted or its contents. I will say that vaccines save lives and prevent avoidable, potentially deadly illnesses. 

Ignorance is not bliss, but neither is a skewed version of facts. You can spin research and an internet article any way you need to facts to work in your argument, it doesn't make it factual or valid in any way.

If you live by the idea that pediatricians are only out to collect your money, then I think you live in a very warped sense of reality. Forgive me if I trust the woman who went to school for umpteen years to answer my phone calls in the middle of the night for free, who legitimately adores my child and the others she sees in her practice over your skewed internet article.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My only problem with the Autism caused by vaccines debate is the whole "which came first...the chicken or the egg" debate...meaning the child may have already been "destined" to be on the spectrum before the vaccine was given. Then the vaccine was given, the child is on the Spectrum, and the parents blame the vaccine. There is no way to tell whether the child was already going to have Autism before the vaccine was even given. I just don't think that is proof enough for me not to vaccinate my child. As a psychologist working in an elementary school, I work alot with children on the Autism Spectrum and I also am witness to school-wide illnesses that spread like wildfire. If by vaccinating my child, I can help prevent them from getting some of those illnesses...my child will def be contributing to the immunity portion of the "herd immunity".
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am absolutely planning on fully vaccinating.
    m/c @ 6 weeks - March 2013 
    m/c @ 5 weeks - April 2013 
    m/c @ 7 weeks - December 2013, D & C 12/27/2013 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageRJJB:

https://healthimpactnews.com/2011/feds-know-of-many-cases-of-autism-caused-by-vaccines/  (I'm sure there are plenty of articles out there on this, but this is the latest which is being released today).

No, it's not.  That link (from the Austism Action Network...totally unbiased I'm sure) says that the government has payed claims to people claiming that that a vaccine caused autism (among other things, "the feds have compensated many, many cases of vaccine injury where autism was one of the injuries").  

These claims are decided by a federal claims court (ie: lawyers and judges), not health professionals or researchers.  It means nothing to educated people who rely on research based evidence.  Have you ever heard of settling in court?  Just because someone gives you money (in civil cases) or you don't do jail time (in criminal cases), doesn't mean you are in the right.

imageRJJB:

I agree. I'm sorry you are ignorant enough to think the above link means something. 

DS 12/09, Twins EDD 11/11
  • imageAggieGrl:
    imageRJJB:

No, it's not.  That link (from the Austism Action Network...totally unbiased I'm sure) says that the government has payed claims to people claiming that that a vaccine caused autism (among other things, "the feds have compensated many, many cases of vaccine injury where autism was one of the injuries").  

These claims are decided by a federal claims court (ie: lawyers and judges), not health professionals or researchers.  It means nothing to educated people who rely on research based evidence.  Have you ever heard of settling in court?  Just because someone gives you money (in civil cases) or you don't do jail time (in criminal cases), doesn't mean you are in the right.

imageRJJB:

I agree. I'm sorry you are ignorant enough to think the above link means something. 

Yes
    imageimage
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm not here to argue or debate, just present the facts to those who ARE interested in making their own educated decisions in safe guarding their children.

It's not a "Skewed online Article" (which you obviously didn't take the time to read), it's the government actually admitting that vaccinations cause autism, and that they have had to award parents compensation for damages caused by vaccines causing brain damage (aka autism) to their children, amongst other things.

There are more people who are starting to wake up to the fact that their Dr.s are not gods (regardless of medical schooling and supposed love for your child), and that there are more to vaccines than they are being told.  FYI, back when my son was a child, I had never heard of autism, now, that's all you hear about...

You do what you think is best for your child.  For me, after doing my own research, I refuse to subject my child to it.  For all the first time mommies, just wait until they are pumping your child with 3-4 vaccines per "Well" checkup, and see what your babys reaction is hours later.  It isn't pretty.  And ys know what?  The results are'nt permanent.  My husband had the measles (before I met him) and he was vaccinated.

Best wishes for health and happiness Big Smile

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • 1. As far as I know "Health Impact News" is not the government. Please give me a valid source. Maybe something with a .gov

2. Umm who the heck conducted this study? The Conspiracy Theorist website? How is that valid? This is not a government press conference. I can go research something and come up with crazy too. Good thing no one listens to me.

3. The Vaccine Compensation Board has said time and time again there is no link. The fact that they compensated people who have autism and were vaccinated does not mean that the autisim was caused by the vaccine.

4. Lets look at the actual Vaccine Compensation Board website which says the opposite of what your website claims. https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/omnibusproceeding.htm

• If you aren't here to argue or debate, why make an entire new post? You stated your opinion in the previous thread...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • imageRJJB:

I'm not here to argue or debate, just present the facts to those who ARE interested in making their own educated decisions in safe guarding their children.

It's not a "Skewed online Article" (which you obviously didn't take the time to read), it's the government actually admitting that vaccinations cause autism, and that they have had to award parents compensation for damages caused by vaccines causing brain damage (aka autism) to their children, amongst other things.

There are more people who are starting to wake up to the fact that their Dr.s are not gods (regardless of medical schooling and supposed love for your child), and that there are more to vaccines than they are being told.  FYI, back when my son was a child, I had never heard of autism, now, that's all you hear about...

You do what you think is best for your child.  For me, after doing my own research, I refuse to subject my child to it.  For all the first time mommies, just wait until they are pumping your child with 3-4 vaccines per "Well" checkup, and see what your babys reaction is hours later.  It isn't pretty.  And ys know what?  The results are'nt permanent.  My husband had the measles (before I met him) and he was vaccinated.

You do realize autisim exists in places where there are no vaccinations right?

• imageRJJB:

I'm not here to argue or debate, just present the facts to those who ARE interested in making their own educated decisions in safe guarding their children.

Yes, I did read it.  Did you?

Please copy and paste the text where a government official admits that vaccines cause autism.  A direct quote would clear this one up.

Even you admit to the damages being awarded "amongst other things."  Do you, or this activist network, know for a fact that the money was being awarded specifically for autism?  I've seen nothing that says that.  Direct quote, please?

• Here's what I don't get (well, one of many things? ;)) - why is it (the article you linked) all about the government (or should I say 'the man', ahem.) denying or admitting this & that. What about science & research?  The 'government' bases their decisions on what the science has proven or disproven, so why the focus on the gov't other than to insinuate some sort of conspiracy?? 

Like pp said, maybe their 'research' has shown some kind of acknowledgement of vaccine issues in kids who also happen to have autism, but it doesn't sound to me like anyone is demonstrating any kind of causation. That would be up to science & researchers, not the government. 

• Mrs.NGMMrs.NGM member

image*HoneydewChestnut*:
    I am absolutely planning on fully vaccinating.

This exactly.  I trust my doctor much more than I trust internet findings. 

• Is it too obvious to say that children in third world countries are literally dying for vaccines? Or rather, lack thereof? That in itself is reason enough for me to vaccinate my child.
    February 19, 2010- BFP! March 14, 2010- M/C January 17, 2011- BFP! April 26th, 2011- It's a boy! Due September 20, 2011 May 2, 2011- Confirmed Gastroschisis August 7, 2011- Labor begins August 12, 2011- Max is born October 4, 2011- Max comes home!

image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You, nor the govt, will ever be able to convince me that vaccines cause autism. It's an unfortunate thing that happens to some kids, and that's it.  My boys are completely up to date with ALL vaccinations, and so will DS#3 once he's born.

Here is my research.  EVERYBODY in my family has had their vaccinations, and we are all healthy and happy people.  : )

BabyFruit TickerLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers image image
  • I sincerely hope your children don't contract one of these illnesses that could easily have been prevented. What if they did, and something terrible happened? How would you live with yourself? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • I don't find your "research" unbiased or convincing at all.

That said, my suggestion for every parent is to find a pediatrician that you are comfortable with and have a discussion with him/her about this.  Your child's medical care is as much your responsibility as theirs and it IS right for you to be involved.  I have an opinion, my pedi has a medical degree, I think the two of us work together to make sure my DS gets the appropriate medical care that he needs.  And my pedi is open and willing to discuss any questions I have, including having an hour-long sit down with me when the topic of vaccine safety first came up. 

imageimageimage
  • imageJuneMagnolia:
    I sincerely hope your children don't contract one of these illnesses that could easily have been prevented. What if they did, and something terrible happened? How would you live with yourself? 

Or contracts it & passes it on to someone else who has a valid reason for lack of vaccination, like being too old, too young, immunocompromised, has lost immunity over time, etc..... so long, herd immunity, hello infectious diseases.  

• Know what's even worse than autism (even if the connection between vaccines and autism were true, which as far as real scientists are concerned is not)? Dying of polio.

• Here is  a quote about one of the cases in question

Although an attorney representing the federal government said that it ?has not conceded that vaccines cause autism,? Associated Press headlines read that ?officials concede vaccines? link to illness like autism? (AP 3/6/08). Petitioner Hannah Joling, now 9 years old, received 5 vaccines at once in 2000. According to a document that AP obtained from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, this aggravated an underlying mitochondrial disorder, causing metabolic dysfunction manifesting as worsened brain function with features of autistic spectrum disorder.

https://www.aapsonline.org/newsoftheday/0021

https://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31727_162-20015982-10391695.html

She has an undiagnosed disorder which presents like autism.

Also lets look at the facts

From 1988 until 2008-01-08, 5,263 claims relating to autism, and 2,865 non-autism claims, were made to the VICP. 925 of these claims, one autism-related (see Previous Rulings), were compensated, with 1,158 non-autism and 350 autism claims dismissed; awards (including attorney's fees) totaled $847 million

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_court

I believe the case listed above is the one case.

• imagelmjt:

Regardless of whether the correlation between autism and vaccinations is valid or not, the vast majority of children benefit from being vaccinated against specific diseases. I will not debate the validity of the article you posted or its contents. I will say that vaccines save lives and prevent avoidable, potentially deadly illnesses. 

Ignorance is not bliss, but neither is a skewed version of facts. You can spin research and an internet article any way you need to facts to work in your argument, it doesn't make it factual or valid in any way.

If you live by the idea that pediatricians are only out to collect your money, then I think you live in a very warped sense of reality. Forgive me if I trust the woman who went to school for umpteen years to answer my phone calls in the middle of the night for free, who legitimately adores my child and the others she sees in her practice over your skewed internet article.

Thank you for more artfully saying what I'm too annoyed to say. :-)

• imageRJJB:

And yes, I can back up Vitamin D deficiency and the Flu:

https://www.scientificamerican.com/blog/post.cfm?id=vitamin-d-deficiency-linked-to-more-2009-02-23

https://search.aol.com/aol/search?query=benefits+of+vitamin+d+and+the+flu&s_it=keyword_rollover

All I am saying is, it's ALWAYS best to do your own research instead of blindly going along with your Dr.  Don't forget, he/she benefits financially if your child gets vaccinated.

I don't have a comment about your first link, because I am not familiar with that website.  My husband is an endocrinologist and orders bloodwork to check Vitamin D levels when indicated.  He says that the vast majority of his patients are Vitamin D deficient.  It is a common finding in labwork. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageSamJustice:
    Is it too obvious to say that children in third world countries are literally dying for vaccines? Or rather, lack thereof? That in itself is reason enough for me to vaccinate my child.

My family is from Ireland and though it's not a 3rd world country, at the time my mom was born they didn't yet have the polio vaccine (it was already available in the US). My aunt got polio. Were she born in the US she would be fine. Instead she has needlessly suffered her whole life. These are real dieases. Vaccines save lives and improve quality of life.

Stop getting medical information from Suzanne Summers and Jenny McCarthy.

IVF #1 - DD born 2011 FET #1-3 all BFN IVF#2- BFP! EDD Nov. 3, 2014 1st US - March 28
  • StephKStephK member
    imagekarinothing:

1. As far as I know "Health Impact News" is not the government. Please give me a valid source. Maybe something with a .gov

2. Umm who the heck conducted this study? The Conspiracy Theorist website? How is that valid? This is not a government press conference. I can go research something and come up with crazy too. Good thing no one listens to me.

3. The Vaccine Compensation Board has said time and time again there is no link. The fact that they compensated people who have autism and were vaccinated does not mean that the autisim was caused by the vaccine.

4. Lets look at the actual Vaccine Compensation Board website which says the opposite of what your website claims. https://www.hrsa.gov/vaccinecompensation/omnibusproceeding.htm

Thank you for finding something about this Vaccine Compensation Board opinion from an actual government website and not from an obvious propaganda website.  Yes

It is interesting to note, on page 2 of the Autism Update link 1_12_11 at the bottom of your linked page says that "the Vaccine Act permits the award of attorneys fees and costs to unsuccessful litigants who brought their claims in good faith".  Which translates to - just because people may have received money doesn't mean there was an agreement that they were correct about vaccines causing autism.  That is a leap in logic, if I've ever seen one.

Sorry OP, Health Impact News is not a reliable source.  If you want to do your own research, I recommend sticking to peer reviewed journals, medical association websites, that sort of thing.

• imageRJJB:

I think you need to research the definition of the word "fact" before you continue this conversation.
    imageimage
  • imageRJJB:
    Don't forget, he/she benefits financially if your child gets vaccinated.
    Actually most pediatricians lose money on vaccinations. They are not profitable. So...wrong.
  • imageKitty Holland:

imageSamJustice:
    Is it too obvious to say that children in third world countries are literally dying for vaccines? Or rather, lack thereof? That in itself is reason enough for me to vaccinate my child.

My family is from Ireland and though it's not a 3rd world country, at the time my mom was born they didn't yet have the polio vaccine (it was already available in the US). My aunt got polio. Were she born in the US she would be fine. Instead she has needlessly suffered her whole life. These are real dieases. Vaccines save lives and improve quality of life.

Stop getting medical information from Suzanne Summers and Jenny McCarthy.

My dad's sister died as an infant right here in the United States from HiB before the vaccine was available.
  • imageRJJB:

Your ignorance could cause your children to get dangerous and completely preventable diseases.  The only reason your kids might not catch these diseases because people like me will be vaccinating their kids.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • imagetartaruga:
    imageRJJB:
    Don't forget, he/she benefits financially if your child gets vaccinated.
    Actually most pediatricians lose money on vaccinations. They are not profitable. So...wrong.

My pediatrician was giving away free flu vaccines this spring.  Less patients wanted them this year, so she had an oversupply and had to eat the cost.  She said she had to order them 10 months in advance, so there was really no way of knowing what type of flu season this would be or if there would be a lot of "hype" for the vaccine. 

• imageRJJB:

No one ever doubted that there is a rare, but real risk that vaccines can hurt your child. However, there is a much greater risk in having a child that's living without vaccines.

Good luck with not vaccinating your kid. I'm sure life with an autistic kid is much, much better than with a dead one. The side effects from autism are much more managable than the side effects from the deadly diseases that your child can get from not being vaccinated. Your child will be stuck in the house, not being able to go to school. Sounds terrific, but your choice.

And for the record, I've had 2 kids vaccinated. Neither one of them was sick from the vaccine. There was zero reaction, besides about 30 seconds of fussing when they were being adminstered.

• imageKC_13:
    imageRJJB:

No one ever doubted that there is a rare, but real risk that vaccines can hurt your child. However, there is a much greater risk in having a child that's living without vaccines.

Good luck with not vaccinating your kid. I'm sure life with an autistic kid is much, much better than with a dead one. The side effects from autism are much more managable than the side effects from the deadly diseases that your child can get from not being vaccinated. Your child will be stuck in the house, not being able to go to school. Sounds terrific, but your choice.

And for the record, I've had 2 kids vaccinated. Neither one of them was sick from the vaccine. There was zero reaction, besides about 30 seconds of fussing when they were being adminstered.

More likely she'll lie about objecting due to religious beliefs or some other crap and send her kids out to infect others who depend on herd immunity.  

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • imageKC_13:
    imageRJJB:

Nothing is more ignorant than people reading a conspiracy theory website and deciding to not vaccinate their child based on it.

• I work at a Children's Hospital, and after watching a beautiful little girl die a slow and agonizing death from Whooping Cough this winter...well, I was going to vaccinate anyway, but that clinched it.

DH and I both work in health care. We are exposed to everything, and we bring it home. My FIL is a doctor. DH and all his brothers test positive for TB because Dad dragged it home from the hospital. Thankfully, none of them got the active form of the disease (yet), but it drives home how easy it is.

Every action in life has risks. We cannot mitage those to zero. For the record, I had an allergic reaction to the MMR vaccine myself, and nearly died...twice. I still vaccinate my kids, because the risk of the vaccine is so much lower than the risk of the disease. If, heavens forbid, I lost a child to a bad reaction, I would know that it was a random, tragic event. Better that then a disease I could have prevented, but chose not to.

• megd06megd06 member
    imageRJJB:

Let me correct this statement how you SHOULD have written it:

"vaccinations CAN cause autism"

My son is fully vaccinated, and doesn't have autism. This next one will also be fully vaccinated. And yes, I've done my research. I don't give in to paranoia. I suppose I shouldn't let my child ride in a moving vehicle b/c of the possible dangers of that either.

• OP - how far along are you again?
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • taratrutaratru member

fact

?noun
    something that actually exists; reality; truth: Your fears have no basis in fact.
    something known to exist or to have happened: Space travel is now a fact.
    a truth known by actual experience or observation; something known to be true: Scientists gather facts about plant growth.

Does that help, OP? 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yes,I'm smiling...I'm a marathoner!
    Bloggy McBloggerson
    CO Nestie Award Winner-Prettiest Brain-Back to Back!
    2011 Bests
    5K-22:49 10K-47:38 Half Mary-1:51:50
    2012 Race Report
    1/1-New Year's 5K-22:11
    2/11-Sweetheart Classic 4-mile-29:49
    3/24-Coulee Chase 5K-21:40
    5/6-Colorado Marathon-4:08:30
    5/28-Bolder Boulder 10K
  • imageRJJB:

Translation: I believe what I want to believe, and refuse to look at valid scientific sources. ::::fingers in ears::::::na-na-na-na-na! I can't hear you!

You do what you think is best for your child.  For me, after doing my own research, I refuse to subject my child to it.  For all the first time mommies, just wait until they are pumping your child with 3-4 vaccines per "Well" checkup, and see what your babys reaction is hours later.  It isn't pretty. 

Hopefully no one believes you, but not every child has a reaction. Mine cried for about 30 seconds and then was completely fine.

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Unless a website advising me of a link between autism and vaccinations has ".gov" at the end, its bullshit. Stop scaring people with bogus information. You're an idiot.
  • The website about vaccines causing autism is not even a legitimate site.  Anyone on the internet can write something up claiming it to be "fact".  I wish I could find you the link to the site that shows pictures and descriptions of the preventable diseases that vaccines protect us from.  By not vaccinating you are relying on "herd immunity" to protect your child. 
  • Believing something like vaccinations cause autism is why diseases like Small Pox, which was almost completely eradicated, and Whopping Cough are making such huge come backs in some areas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"