North Florida Babies
Options

Pediatrician Recommendations-JAX

Hello!

I am currently waiting on a list of recommended pediatrcian's from my OB, but wanted to get further input. I'm a FTM in Jacksonville, and live in the Riverside/Murray Hill area. I don't know many young mothers in that area (mostly in the southern part of the city), does anyone have an suggestions in and around that area? I would appreciate any help- we have Blue Cross and Blue Shield if that that helps.

Thanks so much!

Elizabeth Anniversary

Re: Pediatrician Recommendations-JAX

• Options

We use Dr. Mary's place- Dr. Mary Soha and love her. I can't say enough great things about the practice. She isn't to far from you.

You are also close to Dr. Thorton (sp?) at Jax. Pediatrics.

• Options
    I take my kiddos to Progressive Pediatrics. It's on the southside but totally worth the drive. Not sure if they are accepting new patients at the moment, but they're definitely a practice to look into.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Thanks! I'm going to check both of those out. I received the list of Pediatricians from the OB, but there are only 4 on the list, and 1 of the 4 is for twins/triplets, etc.

Elizabeth Anniversary
  • Options
    imageejones3:

We use Dr. Mary's place- Dr. Mary Soha and love her. I can't say enough great things about the practice. She isn't to far from you.

You are also close to Dr. Thorton (sp?) at Jax. Pediatrics.

We used Dr. Mary until our insurance changed and no longer covered them - we LOVED them.  

I've heard good things about Dr. Thornton too - one of my friends is a newborn nurse at Baptist Downtown and she recommends him.

We're seeing a doctor in St. Augustine right now, but I'm not thrilled with them, so we're switching to the Carithers Group (on Park St) for B's 3-year checkup and for the new baby. Another friend works in the PICU at Wolfson's and highly recommended them to us.

imageimage
    imageimage
  • Options
    imageKristin&Adam:

We're seeing a doctor in St. Augustine right now, but I'm not thrilled with them, so we're switching to the Carithers Group (on Park St) for B's 3-year checkup and for the new baby. Another friend works in the PICU at Wolfson's and highly recommended them to us.

A friend of mine goes to the Carithers group and recommended them. They have an office in Riverside, so it'd be somewhat close to you.

Honeymooning image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I've seen Dr. Thorton and Dr. Stanley at Jax Pediatrics.  I really like them both.  I'm not too crazy about their office but the Doctors are really patient and take their time with you, which as a first time parent I appreciate.
  • Options
    We use Dr. Mary's Place as well. Love it! Everyone is so nice there. 
  • Options

We went to the Carithers group for the first few check-ups and a uti and hated every single visit.  We probably went 6 times and were treated like a number not a patient.  They won't see your child if you do not vaccinate...so be warned.  We just had horrible experiences with them...but let me clarify that it was at the southpoint office not the riverside office...so that might be different.

We go to Progressive Pediatrics now...and have been for 4 visits and LOVE them!!

• Options

We go to Carithers Group and we love them.  The nurse calls me back within 30 minutes.  We have never had a problem getting an appointment that day.  I never feel like a number.  I have gone a lot since my DD had issues with ear infections.  I vaccinate my child so I don't know their policy if you don't do that.  I really liked that they went to the hospital, after the birth to see the baby.  I didn't want to use the pediatricians there at the hospital.  I like that she is still with the doctors who saw her when she was a day old.   

This is such a tough choice.  Good luck! 

• Options
    imageSoon2BMrsSikes:
    imageKristin&Adam:

A friend of mine goes to the Carithers group and recommended them. They have an office in Riverside, so it'd be somewhat close to you.

This......I was also recommended the Carithers group and that is where I take my DD.  I love them and like you mentioned you live in the Riverside area and they have a location there right off of Park Street.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I have a prenatal appointment with Carithers today, and Dr. Mary's Place next month. Looking forward to getting this task knocked off my to-do list, AND to meet the doctors who I'll have a relationship with for the next 18 years! I hope I don't drive them too crazy:)
    Elizabeth Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"