Stay at Home Moms

Does anyone NOT like being a SAHM?

2»

Re: Does anyone NOT like being a SAHM?

• I quit my job when I was 11 weeks pregnant and never went back after Emily was born... I have LOVED it!  There are tough days, days I wish I worked but I had rough days and had days I wished I was a SAHW when I was working.  You just take the good with the bad and I would say that I honestly have 85% good days after three years of SAH.  I'm super active, rarely home and we have a huge support group of friends here in CA, which is key for us. 

Our decision for me to quit my job and continue to SAH with Emily after she was born had nothing to do with finances, it was about what worked best for ME, which would fullfill me most and I know I am very lucky to be in this position.

eclaire 9.10.06  diggy 6.2.11

• i was laid of in august.  i prefer to work but this economy is balls and i haven't had luck finding a new job.  i love my son but staying at home is not my cup of tea.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagegracendantho26:

Soul destroying? Wow! You are one dramatic lady.

haha i so agree!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • It's hard to believe that women ever got the stereotype of being catty. 

If you reread what citygal or whatever said... she said it's all about that SAH works in THEIR situation, it's right for THEM, and THEIR child.  If you are really secure in what you are doing  (whether it's work or SAH) then it shouldn't feel offensive. 

This is a public message board and isn't to be monitored by the 'politically correct' police.  When people are asked about their personal feelings about being a SAHM they should be able to answer without getting flamed. People should be able to share their opinions without being judged (by the very people who claim to be non-judgemental towards others- ha!).

• I'm not a SAHM... yet, but I have to say that what citygirl said was not awful, like many of you have made it out to be. I think this original poster was looking for justification for her own guilty feelings of sending her DC to daycare, and was intentionally looking for a reason/person to get upset. I think daycare can be a great thing for some families, its just not for everyone. My mom stayed at home and raised my brother and me. DH and I also want me to SAH and raise our children because that's just what will work best for our situation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I worked part time for the first 18 months of DS's life.  I loved that balance and really loved my job.  My job took a twist and I ended up staying at home.  I had a really tough adjustment period...took about 4 months until I realized that I wasn't going back to my job or a new job...and now I absolutely love staying at home!  I really really enjoy all of the time I spend with my son.  I look back at videos of him when I was working and wonder how he grew up so fast...I feel like I missed a lot of time with him.  Anyway, I was originally planning to return to work in a year, but I am thinking I want to continue to SAH.  I really am a much happier person, even though I truly loved my job before.
    Married 12.27.03

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imagemarrymemylove:

I have to say I really hated it. It was the most isolating, soul destroying, boring depressing thing I've ever done with my life. Worse than 10 hour days date-stamping medical records as a holiday job when I was 18.

For all of you that find citygirl's comment horrible, I find part of this original post offensive.  This is very strong language.

I love staying at home.  I couldn't imagine life any other way.

• I wouldn't have it any other way.  It benefits our entire family.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic image

• Oops.  Pardon me.  I guess I wandered onto 0-6 for a second. 

***checks again***

Hmmmm.  Confused by the overwhelming judgement about one person's opinion.  Open minds ladies.  Open minds.  

DD#1~8/17/96------DS~10/24/05 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageDaisy77:

Oops.  Pardon me.  I guess I wandered onto 0-6 for a second. 

***checks again***

Hmmmm.  Confused by the overwhelming judgement about one person's opinion.  Open minds ladies.  Open minds.  

Love it!

• I absolutely love it, and while I agree that it's not for everyone, those are some pretty harsh words to describe being with your child. The last word I'd ever use to describe being with my daughter all day is "soul destroying."

• I completely agree! Neither CityGirl nor I, or anyone else (working or not) should have to apologize for the way we choose to raise our children.    Sometimes I believe that there are working moms or SAH moms who love to pick fights for how they think their children should be raised. Can't we just understand that some of us prefer to stay home and some prefer to work.  I believe that neither is better, but for me SAH is better.  I believe that is what City girl was saying too. 

Also, did I miss something.  Everyone seems so incredibly hard on CityGirl.  I am feeling pretty bad for her.  At 1st I thought it was all a joke, but now after reading it all, I sure do not think that.  I feel like we are back in HS picking on the one no one likes.  I knew exactly what she meant when she wrote it.  I don't think that she was trying to destroy anyones ego.   

• Geez.  Some of you ladies are coo coo for coco puffs.  You know who you are.  Take a freakin chill pill.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"