Illinois Babies
Options

Evanston Hospital - Other North Shore Sources for Childbirth Classes?

Hello, Ladies!

There are too many stories out there of very poorly taught childbirth education courses, and I'd like to avoid wasting time and money on them!

Have any of you taken or heard good/bad/other things about the childbirth and other baby prep classes (infant care basics, etc.) at Evanston Hospital (part of North Shore University Health System)? 

Any other class sources up North?  My OB recommeded a breastfeeding class with "New Mother New Baby" in Deerfield - ever hear of 'em?

Thanks so much and Happy Mother's Day to all!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
BFP #2 2/2011
Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Evanston Hospital - Other North Shore Sources for Childbirth Classes?

• Options
    I took several classes at Lake Forest Hospital and had a good experience there.  I have purchased several things from New Mother New Baby, but have not taken any classes there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered at Evanston and took all my classes there too. The Childbirth class was awesome! I thought it would be your stereotypical lamaze breathing (he he hooo) class but it was not like that at all. Super informative and really put me at ease about what would happen during labor and delivery. I took the breastfeeding class and it was just ok. We also did the Caring for a Newborn class. It was pretty good. I think DH really learned a lot from it.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    lelekaylelekay member

I took the breastfeeding class at Evanston Hospital, and all other classes (childbirth, infant safety, etc.) at Highland Park Hospital (partners w/Evanston).  They were all okay.  Not mind-blowing, but not terrible, either.  I was glad to take the childbirth class, if only just to take the time for MH and I to take a tour, ask questions, and meet other parents in our area.

I've never taken a class at New Mother, New Baby, but I can vouch for the fact that it's an awesome store....the owner and employees know their stuff, and I'll bet their BF class would have been more helpful than the Evanston one was.  I definitely recommend at least checking the store out, if not trying a class.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Thanks so much for the helpful responses!

BFP #1 5/2010 - Missed m/c at 8 weeks
    BFP #2 2/2011
    Baby G welcomed with love and relief 10/2011
    Surprise BFP 1/8/2013...say what? Baby A arrived 9/2013

Motherhood is not for wimps

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    My husband and I are currently taking the Labor and Delivery class at Lutheran General Hospital and so far it is great! We took the Baby Care class there also and it was pretty good.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Glad to hear good things about the Evanston classes.  I'm signed up for 3 of them in June & July.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"