3rd Trimester

36 weeks today and totally sick of people telling me I'm so tiny!

So i'm 36 weeks today!!!! i'm so excited to be on the home stretch!!

One thing that has bothered me the most about being in the last few weeks are the comments - apparently i'm too little to be 36 weeks along, which must mean i'm not eating enough / starving myself, just because my bump isn't as huge as someone elses does nt mean i'm not eating enough - i'm little, a huge bump on me would look ridiculous and it probably isn't in the babys best interest to have a mum who is so front heavy she falls over 24/7!!!

..... the second most anoying thing about the home stretch is people telling me when baby will come!!!  I'm just about ready to throttle the next person who tells me i won't make it to June 6th and my baby will come early!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: 36 weeks today and totally sick of people telling me I'm so tiny!

• That's funny -- why are they telling you the baby is going to come early if you are looking especially tiny?  Usually it's the opposite - when your belly is huge they tell you the baby must be coming any day! 

I'd take the "tiny" comments as a compliment!  I much prefer when people tell me I look tiny than when they tell me I must be due soon (I've also gotten both, oddly!). 

BabyFruit Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageJuneBug0611:

That's funny -- why are they telling you the baby is going to come early if you are looking especially tiny?  Usually it's the opposite - when your belly is huge they tell you the baby must be coming any day! 

This was my first thought as well.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm overdue and people tell me I only look about 6 months pregnant. It's hard to take anything as a compliment at this point, but it does give me hope that maybe I'll be able to lose the weight and size more quickly than if I actually looked as pregnant as I really am. It's kind of frustrating, though, because I feel SO huge and uncomfortable, and I feel like people don't really sympathize or they think I'm exaggerating my discomfort when they talk about how "tiny" I am. I've actually gained 50 lbs!
  • Different people tell me different things - my family and friends just tell me i'm going to go early - probably just their excitment to meet LO, where as complete strangers tell me i'm tiny - i'll be shopping and someone will ask how far along i am and when i tell them they look stunned and tell me i'm so tiny i couldn't possible be that far along..... one old lady told me the other day that if i wasn't turned side on she wouldn't have even known i was pregnant.... and questioned whether i was eating enough - um hell yes i'm eating enough i've gained like 15 kilos!
  • Take it all in stride. At least they're not all saying, "Are you sure it's not twins?!" If it helps, I got the biggest between 36 and 39 weeks 6 days (when I gave birth). You have plenty of time to grow... and to feel like a house on legs. ;)
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Married since 06/19/2004|Anna born 11/19/2006|Charles born 11/1/11
    Double undergrad graduation May 2011| Me: Psychology, DH: Communication| A long journey!
    <a href="http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b268/gussiebutt/?action=view
  • 37 weeks and I am eating the "tiny" comments up... seriously... I don't want to be afraid of having a 10 lb baby, and would like to believe being tiny somehow means he'll be the perfect size and I'll recover well after having him. Plus, if someone out there is bigger than me, they very well could have been more uncomfortable than I feel  now. If thats true, then I feel bad for them! I'll just try to consider myself lucky.
    5.18.11 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker EDD 3.12.13
  • yeah, you could have the friend who constantly wonders if there is any possibility of twins. like the u/s wouldnt have told me. i know its a boy, obviously it cant be twins. she also assured me that i would not go to full term because i was SOO big, but here i am overdue.

although most of my other friends say i am small, that one still gets on my nerves

• I feel you... I am now 39 weeks and still hear 'you don't look that big' .... just cause I was big to start, give me a break a$$es!
  • Somehow saying you're tiny is supposed to be a compliment. "You look beautiful" seems be passed over and they look to dig for more detailed commentary. Honestly, I think people expect pregnant women to be huge, eating crap all the time, and look dumpy and tired. When we look "smaller" than what they think we should be, it's a shocker for them. People are weird sometimes in how they manage to express their thoughts.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers JAN09-Oct09: TTC Naturally. OCT09: HSG- Normal NOV09: Round 1 Clomid 50mg CD5-9= BFN DEC09: Round 2 Clomid 100mg CD5-9= BFN JAN10: Round 3 Clomid 100mg CD3-7= BFN FEB10: Round 4 Clomid 150mg CD5-9= BFN SA= 120 million, 54% Motility, 7% Morphology. JUN10: Round 5 Clomid, IUI, unsuccessful. JUL10: DONE & FED UP. OCT10: Started Integrative Reiki Energy Therapy. NOV 05, 2010: BFP! SEPT 20, 2012: BFP! More Reiki and Baby Z #2 is on his way! Due May 29, 2013
  • I totally feel for you! I work in a bank so people constantly feel the need to comment on my size. I get every strange comment imaginable, every single day. One person will tell me I look like I'm ready to pop (I'm 32 weeks) and the next one is asking if I'm eating enough. The best is overhearing people tell my co-workers, "I can't believe she hasn't had that baby yet!" People are crazy! Just remind them that you and your doctor think you've gain an appropriate amount of weight. Smile
  • I was very tiny with my first and really gained a lot of weight the last couple weeks, but I was still never huge just all baby.  This time I'm huge!  Your body gets as big as it needs to hold the baby, I wouldn't worry or think to much what other people have to say. 

girls photo zvczv.jpg

• I am told my bump is tiny too and while I feel pretty big I actually LIKE hearing I am tiny looking. I want to be able to lose it fast after she's born! Plus I figure the smaller the bump, possibly I can avoid stretch marks! I have none so far but I think I see one coming :/ I was barely showing up until about 24weeks..

• redsheredshe member

Yep I hear ya, with DD I was pretty tiny and people used to comment on it, but this time round my belly is A LOT bigger, my friend recons it looks like I'm about to pop any day. 

But on the other hand I have another friend who is 2 weeks ahead of me and her belly is half the size of mine...my MIL comments on it all the time. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • People say the same thing to me. I'm not a tiny person-average, I guess but I just don't get a really big pregna nt belly. People said the same with my first baby too and I don't really know how to respond. I have small babies too. My DS was little and this one will be too, I think. It's better to be small than big...less/no stretch marks. :)

• i don't so much mind the "tiny" comments from strangers its all the follow up questions and probing from them after i tell them how far along i am - like am i eating enough, like they are implying i'm under eating to keep my figure, are you sure your EDD is right, you don't look that far along - seriously, sometimes i feel like screaming every pregnancyis different and every woman carries differently - yes i'm eating enough (just ask my husband)  and yes i'm sure my EDD is accurate or close enough too!!!
  • People are stupid!  At work I would hear- you are carrying so high, I can tell the baby dropped, you must be due soon, and you're not that big, you look great, all in the same day.  People just don't know what to say to pregnant ladies!  And unless they are an OB they don't have that many ladies bellies to compare yours to.  My FIL commented yesterday that I hadn't even dropped yet.  Per my OB I dropped a month ago!
  • I guess I'm completely opposite from everyone that is sick of hearing they are tiny.

I heard this all the time with DS and I'm hearing this same thing all the time with this second pregnancy. I take it as a compliment and appreciate the fact that I'm not overly large, as my mother describes herself as a linebacker when she was pregnant with me. I would take it all in and enjoy it because I'd rather hear that I'm tiny than hearing people say how much weight I've gained.

As for the people that are saying you're not making it to your due date. It's obviously speculation on everyones part. I don't think it's anything to get upset about but I guess we can chalk it up to the hormones.

• everyone tells me how big I am... like its a freaking compliment or something... makes me mad.

But, hearing your side of things... both ways isnt nice.

• I hear you! I am 5'10" with a very long torso and have received the "you're too small" comments from day 1. Yes, it could be a compliment but I also know some women are passing judgement assuming I am not eating enough and statving my baby. I think this is ridiculous. Certain family members who gained 70 lbs during their pregnancies give me the side eyes when I report I've gained 25 so far....which is completely healthy. Take them in stride!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was tiny too and i hated people telling me so. my in laws even asked if she was developing right..

I delivered on friday 2 weeks early 8lb 5oz

tell them things aren't always what they seem... 

• JOin the club... I am used to it by now. The one thing that bothers me is when they ask if the baby is ok....um,m ya Jerk off
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Indifferent
    Live,Laugh and love image"image"image"imageLilypie Pregnancy tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"