June 2011 Moms
Options

Clicky poll for post below re: working

I made it a poll for you :)

[Poll]
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clicky poll for post below re: working

• Options
    Aww, thanks!! I wonder if the poll feature only works on a PC?  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Nope, I'm on a mac. I've never figured out how to PIP though...
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Hmm. Mac here too. I don't know how to PIP either & the link feature has only worked 1-2x for me. Oh well.  Thanks again :)
  • Options
    I chose working part time. Really though it's only 2 days a week. One of them being when DH will be home and one on Saturdays when she can go to my Moms.
  • Options
    I'll be doing part of my job from home and the other part I'll go in. So it sort of adds up to full time.
  • Options
    I will be going back to work as a dental hygienist after 3 months off only three days a week. Get to bring home some income for the family but still be at home most of the time with our baby boy. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    imageSoon to be Mrs.Williams:
    I will be going back to work as a dental hygienist after 3 months off only three days a week. Get to bring home some income for the family but still be at home most of the time with our baby boy. :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    I will be working 3 days a week most of the year except during tax season when I will work full-time.  I am a tax accountant so my boss doesn't need me to come in as often the rest of the year. 
  • Options
    I'm looking at 4 full days out of the home.  I wish it could be less, but I married for love not money!
  • Options
    I'm a teacher, so at least I will have summer off. Don't know if I will be back in the fall.
  • Options

imageSFbride31:
    I'm looking at 4 full days out of the home.  I wish it could be less, but I married for love not money!

Lol, same here! If I stayed in my last relationship I would not have had to work but I chose happiness and love as well ;)

I will be working full time but I have long shifts so I will only be working 2-3 days max/wk.   SO will be staying home with LO on my work days and then working a few days around my schedule. It just makes more sense since I have more job stability, get paid more, and have better benefits.

• Options
    I will be staying at home while DH starts a job in his career field.  And then most likely I will go back to school (hopefully within a year).
    Anniversary

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    kas80kas80 member

I voted special snowflake because I honestly don't know what my plan is yet.  About halfway through my maternity leave I'm going to present a return to work plan that:

1) I work from home 3 or 4 days a week, only coming in 1 or 2
    2) I work in the office half days and telecommute for the other half
    3) my job is converted to a part time position

If they come back and say that none of those are acceptable options and I have to work the same hours I have been (more than 40 hours a week), in the office then I'm going back for a month (it's our busy season and I wouldn't want to leave them high and dry with no notice) and that's it.  I'll quit and stay at home.

Between my husband's incredibly long working hours, the traffic in this area, the day care situations we are finding, some massive construction going on in my workplace (which will lead to the traffic being 1000x worse in the fall) and the stressful, unpredictable nature of my job it's just not going to be doable for us for me to keep my job in it's present state unless we want to put the little one in day care for 10 hours a day and pay late pick up fees constantly.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I voted part-time, but it hardly seems fair because it will only be 2 mornings a week for a total of 10 or so hours/wk and I get to bring the Baby with me.

peace,
    katharine

Book-Kitten blog

• Options

I'm taking up to a year off.  I can take a year of parental leave, but if I want to return, I just need to let HR know a week in advance.

I'm a teacher and I fully intend to go back to work full time after 1 year (or less if I'm ready).

• Options
    I chose SS...MH runs his own business and has been working from home for the past 3 years or so. We decided that for the baby's first year at least, he's going to take care of her during the day and work around her schedule. We'll probably do part-time daycare after she turns one. I'm going to switch my work schedule to 4 long days so that I can give him one day per week off baby duty.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    11kacey11kacey member

When I was dating my boyfriend (now husband) I told him I wanted to stay home after I had a child. I would go without dinners out or movies or other date type things. I did not care that my child might never get a real vacation at a hotel or anything like that, but they would get me for the years they were at home before school. Our only caveat is my mental health (if it becomes clear that I am not raising our daughter in a good environment) OR even after we give up all the extras, we still cannot put food on our table.

Everyone has to make the decision that is best for their family. I went to college, went to graduate school, but I only have a job, not a career. If I had a career I might feel differently about it. Some of my friends have worked years to get where they are careerwise and I totally understand why they want to go back to work..

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a SS... I will be student teaching starting in August until December. My last day of work, I'm a nanny, is May 27. I will be staying home with baby until August 8 and then student teaching until December. If I can't find a teaching job for the remainder of the school year I'll be a stay at home mommy until August 2012.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"