Dallas-Fort Worth Babies

Need some friend Bumpies!!!

Hello Dallas Bumpies! I was recommended to come to this board (which I didn't know about) to meet some local Bumpies. I am having a hard time with a lack of a social life due to pregnancy. I have no pregnant friends here, and I am desperate to meet some friends to hang with. It's been rough being the only one in my crowd who can't drink or dance or party. Sad  I would love to meet some new friends who can sympathize. Also if there are any GTG (some people had said book clubs, etc.) I would love to know how to find out about those. I haven't had much of a chance to meet friends here in Dallas, and I would love to meet some people! Big Smile
Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant TickerimageBabyName Ticker

Re: Need some friend Bumpies!!!

• JCMJCM member

This board is really slow!  We tried kick starting it a few months ago but it's still a very slow board.  What area of DFW do you live in?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I live in north Dallas, on the Richardson/Dallas border.
  • Loading the player...
  • I HATEEEE how slow it is! I'm tryin to get my friends on :(
  • What were your ideas for getting it going? I'm game for anything! I'm just really starting to bum hard with no one to chill with these days!
  • I would hang out with you but 5 minutes with my two year old and you would not want kids. 
  • I have you checked out your due date month board?  I actually had a playdate with some fellow dfw july 2010 moms a few weeks ago.  I know the month board is not a local board, but I bet there are some dfw soon to be mommies on your month board.  The people I met up with at the play date do not post on this board, even though it is our local board.  I hope that helps.
  • New to this forum, I live in McKinney area and would also love to meet some fellow Mommies. My husband and I just moved here from OK I know NOONE! lol 
    BabyFruit Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Karleigh, my husband and I are in Mckinney as well! What part do you guys live in?

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We are off Eldorado and Lake Forest! Who's your OB? were using Dr. Banks on Virginia. How fun! :)

• We'd love to meet others as well...we are on the cusp of Allen and Plano

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We are in Craigs Ranch off of Custer and Stacey.

I go to Dr. Bailey in Frisco.

We should setup a Bump Meetup.

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMrzHoz:

We are in Craigs Ranch off of Custer and Stacey.

I'm in McKinney, too.  I see Dr. McIntire at Frisco ob/gyn.  Awesome, awesome practice!

• I live in the same part of town as you. Do you attend a church? This isn't an attempt to evangalize you, I swear, but I met a LOT of other moms through two classes at Watermark Community Church on Hillcrest/635.

They have a class for expecting parents where they put you in groups by due date, so you will meet other moms/couples that are all about have babies within about a month of you. BTW - part of this class was a breastfeeding class from a Certified Lactation Consultant which turned out to be invaluable to me.

Then they also have a kind of a "guided" playgroup called Square One which is a ministry for first time moms. It is led by a few "experienced" moms and there is some guided discussion about first time mom 'issues' then just socializing. It is a really nice way to get out of the house at least once a week after you have the baby and meet some other first time moms with babies the same age as yours.

My baby is almost 10 months old now and I still get together weekly from moms I met in that class.

These are both open to members and nonmembers, and while there will be some references to scripture (what does the bible say about parenting type stuff) it is not at all pushy. Nobody is going to pressure you into getting saved or baptised or joining the church or even making a donation. I hope you'll look into it!

https://www.watermark.org/children/square-one/

image > Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'd love to have fellow bumpie friends! I just moved to Texas and have no friends let alone friends who are pregnant! Learning the ins and outs of Texas from others would be so helpful too.
    BabyFruit Ticker Pregnancy Ticker ~Sarah
  • imagesweetpea18:
    imageMrzHoz:

I'm in McKinney, too.  I see Dr. McIntire at Frisco ob/gyn.  Awesome, awesome practice!

I'm in McKinney as well, and see Dr. Petrovski in the same practice :]

• imagesweetpea18:
    imageMrzHoz:

I'm in McKinney as well, and see Dr. Petrovski in the same practice :]

• So many ladies in Mckinney! :)

BabyFruit Ticker

• imageMrzHoz:

Yes...I see Dr. Bailey and Dr. Pepperell is the one who delivered our child :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We should DEF all meet for lunch or something!! I am clueless as to how to "friend" someone on here or if its even possible. I work for Frisco ISD and will be out of school here real soon so anyday anytime is good for me :) AND I want to meet the rest of our local Bumpies too! 
  • imageLovingStepMom:
    imageMrzHoz:

Maybe we could all do lunch at Watters Creek someday? 

• imageKarleighC2011:
    imageLovingStepMom:
    imageMrzHoz:

Maybe we could all do lunch at Watters Creek someday? 

Watters Creek would work for me!

BabyFruit Ticker

• Hey Rachel, I'm very close to you.  We are a week apart with our due dates too.  I live around 75 and Beltline if you wanna hang out sometime!  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"