South Jersey Babies
Options

LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON COOPER HOSPITAL

I am delivering at Cooper Hospital and I don't know anyone who has delivered there. I was just looking for feedback on the birthing center.

Re: LOOKING FOR FEEDBACK ON COOPER HOSPITAL

• Options

which cooper - virtua voorhees, you mean?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Cooper Hospital in Camden
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    AlChrAlChr member

I don't know much about their maternity ward, but I had to go to there emergency room a couple of years ago and vowed to never step foot in the hospital again! I was there for six hours, in a hospital bed and not in a a triage room but a hallway!!! I don't know if you're OB is affiliated with Virtua Voorhees but I would highly recommend that you consider delivering there, I am expecting my first and I've had to see the MFM Doctor's and was hospitalized twice during my pregnancy and I have nothing but praise for everyone I encountered.

I wish you the best with your delivery, wherever it is!!! :)    

• Options
    I delivered both my boys at Cooper with a great experience both times. 
  • Options
    I delivered at Cooper in December and I had a great experiance.  All of my nurses were wonderful and provided excellent care.  The doctors were great too.  I would definitely deliver there again.  The food was surprisingly very good too! My only complaint was that the thermostat in our room broke, so it was a bit warm and stuffy. Fortunately we were the last room in the hall and we could keep the door open a bit to keep it a little cooler.  Also, it seemed the wall clock had been removed and never replaced (pretty annoying since I was BF).  I addressed the 2 issues, but they were never fixed while we were there.  Overall, great experiance! Good luck to you!
  • Options
    I delivered there twice and had such a great experience! I would go back but I barely made it the second time around its 30mins from my house. The nursing staff was great..and I had a big private room each time.
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I delivered my first child at Cooper in October 2010.  It was the best experience I have ever had and I highly recommend the Camden hospital.  The nursing staff was phenomenal, caring, educated, went above and beyond.  We actually sent particular nurses from delivery flowers after my daughter was born.  We were just amazed at their attention to my every need.  I found it to be comfortable, safe, very accomodating, and friendly.  You will have no worries.  I had a difficult pregnancy with gestational diabetes and they took such good care of me.  They had the nicu team in place in delivery "just in case" and they weren't even needed.  I had to even call the nurses after I came home a few times with worries and new parenting questions.  They took the time to speak with me, provided advice, and even called back a few days later to check on me.  I know people say that it's in Camden and sometimes, yes, the waiting room has a ton of diverse and interesting people.  However, the staff there has dealt with everything from scared new moms, to young girls giving birth to even crack babies.  They are sympathetic, caring, nonjudgemental, and experienced.  I hope to have more children and I will deliver at Cooper again.  Take the tour of the hospital or speak to the director of maternity-- her name is Ethel.  We took a tour of labor and delivery before we went and it was very informative.  Good luck and I hope you have a great experience as I did.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"