Phoenix Babies

Banner Thunderbird Hospital?

That's where I'm going to be here in the coming weeks. I was wondering if anyone had any wonderful/horrid experiences there? I'm hoping I picked a good doctor and hospital?

Re: Banner Thunderbird Hospital?

• who's your doctor? i go to desert west ob/gyn and see desalvo and i love love him. i delivered last time at tbird (and will be again in august), it was alright. my only real problem with them was it took them 72 HOURS to get me a freakin pump. my son wasn't latching so you can imagine that kind of screwed me. the l&d nurses were awesome, and most of the post pardom nurses too. aside from the pump issue i had a pretty good experience. it didn't traumatize me too much or i wouldn't be going there again, lol. well, that and it's convenient since it's so close to our house. the other hospital my ob delivers at is banner estrella and it's not exactly close to me.

good luck with your l&d and i hope everything goes smoothly!!!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have Koon, though I see Kastler more often then him. I was in tbird for a week when I had a kidney infection and it was a lot nicer than I had thought it would have gone. So I was just hoping it was going to be about the same experience with these upcoming weeks. That's good though, I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. Congrats on the new LO.
  • Loading the player...
  • imagecamillelauren:
    I have Koon, though I see Kastler more often then him. I was in tbird for a week when I had a kidney infection and it was a lot nicer than I had thought it would have gone. So I was just hoping it was going to be about the same experience with these upcoming weeks. That's good though, I'm glad it wasn't too bad for you. Congrats on the new LO.

oh, you have the good looking one! hahaha. i really have liked every doctor i've met there so far. so many of my friends go to desert west.

i also had kidney issues and was admitted for a week (at 33 weeks i developed 2 stones roughly 9mm in size that got stuck and couldn't pass, and my kidney almost failed). i ended up having to have a tube inserted through my back into my kidney so it could drain. it was like that for over 3 months until i was able to have surgery to break up the stones after ds was born. i'm glad you got taken care of, i did not!!! they constantly forgot about me, once left me over 16 hours with no food and i couldn't take my pain meds as a result of not eating which was starting to put me into labor because i was in so much pain. it wasn't really any of the nurses at all, it was all radiology. i had to unfortunately have a ton of rays and crap done. god that whole area sucks. they treated me soooo horribly. i decided to give the hospital the benefit of the doubt when i delivered because i wouldn't have to deal with them. i hope to everything that i don't develop stones like that again, but my urologist told me that it was a definite possibility.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • HAHAH Yeah when I called to make my first appointment they asked who I wanted and listed off everyone and figured "Meh I'll pick the guy." and I went in and was like OH. I PICKED AN ATTRACTIVE ONE. GREAT. Now every time I see him I just giggle at myself and feel so silly. Yeah everyone seems extremely nice over there, I'm really glad my sister gave me their number.

I hope that never happens to me. My friend told me kidney stones is worse than labor pain? Is there any truth to that?

• imagecamillelauren:

HAHAH Yeah when I called to make my first appointment they asked who I wanted and listed off everyone and figured "Meh I'll pick the guy." and I went in and was like OH. I PICKED AN ATTRACTIVE ONE. GREAT. Now every time I see him I just giggle at myself and feel so silly. Yeah everyone seems extremely nice over there, I'm really glad my sister gave me their number.

I hope that never happens to me. My friend told me kidney stones is worse than labor pain? Is there any truth to that?

well, i didn't actually "pass" the stones since they were stuck (i would have much rather passed them than what i had)...but yes, i would agree with that. it was so so horrible.

i was in constant pain until i got that tube out of my back, too. they weren't really able to give me any pain meds or knock me out while they did the surgery to insert it, so i felt every.single.thing. all around, i wouldn't recommend the experience Big Smile. i'm drinking a gallon of water a day and hoping to avoid this whole fiasco, but i already have another stone that's just hanging out in thereSad

i go in monday to hopefully find out the baby's sex!!! it will just be my regular 4 week checkup, but i'm seeing deb the np, and she really likes to do ultrasounds so she told me she'd peek and see if the baby will let us Yes

• I had my DD at Banner Thunderbird and had a great experience.  The L&D nurses were great and the PP were pretty good.  I'm having my next baby there too.

I had a unmedicated delivery and although they aren't the norm at Banner they were supportive of it. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My sister has delivered there and her oldest daughter just did as well.  They did not have any complaints.  I am sure that everything will work out there fine.  Congrats!!
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary   tickers
    "The truth IS that the days will be filled with an unending ache and the nights will feel one million sad years long for a while. Healing is attained only after the slow necessary progression through the stages of grief and mourning."
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • My OB and his practice just moved up there.  I had delivered at John C. Lincoln previously, but they closed their maternity floor. 

It seemed really nice there.  

By the way we refer to my OB as "Dr. Hottie."  I found out 5 pregnancies ago, that if I could cry a little, he would give me a hug.....

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"