January 2012 Moms
Options

Hair Loss?

Hi ladies!

Is anyone else experiencing hair loss? I'm not sure if this a pregnancy symptom because I had always heard that your hair does not shed as much during pregnancy. I have noticed that a lot of my hair (about 3x more than usual) has been shedding when I shower and comb my hair. I do not think it is caused by a vitamin deficiency or malnutrition because I have been taking a prenatal vitamin and, (so far) I have not had any problems with vomiting from ms.

I called my dr. about it, but have not heard back yet..I'll def. call again on Monday. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Hair Loss?

• Options
    Ask him to check your thyroid.  When they found out I had thyroid disease --I was losing a ton of hair too.  I am on synthroid now to manage it.  I'm feeling great and all thyroid levels are where they need to be.  So I would just pass that by your DR to see what he thinks-can't to check it!  Good luck! :)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Gave birth to a beautiful baby boy on 6-22-09 M/C #1 07/10 (Chemical Pregnancy) M/C #2 03/11 (Chemical Pregnancy) BFP on 4/26/11 HOPING THIS STICKS!! Started Progesterone 5/6/11 <a href="http://s226.photobucket.com/albums/dd88/stephgamerbabe/?action=view
  • Options
    suntotosuntoto member
    It's not a symptom.  Progesterone usually makes you not loose hair. 
    Forever buddy to Angelica; Natural Miscarriage Jan. 2008 @ 11 weeks; 2 years of BFFN's; DX: Unexplained IF (RE thinks IF is due to tubal issues); IUI #1 & 2= BFFN; IUI#3 = BFP, resulted in Cornual ectopic pregnancy; IUI #4 - 6 =BFFN; Our next endeavor... IVF. 1 grade AA embryo transferred on 4-23-2011 and 5 frosties. BFP Abby born 1/5/2012

imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My doctor said it's normal, that it does happen to some people when they become pregnant, but if I'm concerned I can come in early to talk about it. I decided to wait, since my appointment is soon anyways (May 19). The hair loss seems to be more on a normal level this week compared to last week. I'm hoping it was just stress/hormonal and not thyroid! If it gets bad again between now and May 19 I will ask my doctor to test my thyroid. Thanks for the advice!
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"