South Florida Babies

mothers' day gifts for grandmas-need suggestions

I was thinking of getting both grandmas photobooks of Elise's first six months.  However, I would like to give my mom something else in addition to the photobook since she takes care of Elise for me (she doesn't charge me at all).  But, I have no idea what to get her.

Any suggestions???

Re: mothers' day gifts for grandmas-need suggestions

• I'm having a hard time this year too.My mother in law watches Lynda twice a week.  Her birthday and mother's day are a week apart.  

Some things we've gotten her in the past that she loves:

Digital picture frame

Spa gift certificate

Pretty diaper bag when she's on errands with L

amazon $ for her kindle

Nice robe/slippers

Picture frame with pictures of family

I'm so out of new ideas for this year...  Sad

imageLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The nice diaper bag is a good idea.  I was considering getting her a car seat soon.  Maybe I can give her both so she can finally start taking Elise out, lol.

• Loading the player...
  • I'm doing a photo book too. GIft certificate for a mani/pedi maybe?
    Natalia
    Konstantino
    Maximo
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST https://pinterest.com/raffaella1030/
  • Dawn made gorgeous mini photobooks with Mason's newborn pics for my mom and MIL for mothers day!! :-)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageSoonMrsCruz:
    Dawn made gorgeous mini photobooks with Mason's newborn pics for my mom and MIL for mothers day!! :-)

i think it's too close to mother's day to do that, though :(  i would've loved to get dawn to do pics of the girls as a gift... maybe next year!  

• I think a photobook is awesome!  It's not too late if you do it right away, I've done in the past and received in  a week without rush shipping. 

If you think you are too late what I did last year for MIL is I made a slideshow video of pics from when Leila was born to date, it included pics of them together and all of the little moments missed for living far away, slides with sweet comments, and background music. 

I also like the spa cerificate, what woman doesn't like that plus you can tell her is for a relaxing day away from her beloved grandaughter!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • thx for all the suggestions!

I did the spa gift certificate once and she never used it, lol.  so, I think the photobook and the diaper bag for her future outings with Elise would be the best option.  I might add the car seat, too, to the gift.  I'm sure she's been dying to take Elise out. 

• For their first Mother's Day as grandmas, I got my mom and MIL each a silver little girl silhouette charm with Emma's name and birthdate engraved on it. You know which ones I'm talking about? A lot of older Cuban ladies have them lol. Both my mom and MIL wear them once in a while on a chain around their necks but a lot of women traditional wear them on a bracelet. I found them at a jewelry store on Bird and 57th...the shopping center where the Milam's is. Don't remember the name now but you can't miss it as it's the only jewelry store in that shopping center. They were not pricey at all and both grandmas loved them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jen, I didn't see your post until now.  I know exactly which charms you are describing.  I already ordered the photobooks of Elise's first six months, but Imll keep that in mind for next year.  Although, that would be the perfect, extra gift for my mom since she takes care of her for me.  Let's see how I can sneak in an extra gift for my mom.
  • this is a great gift and you can do a photoshoot with grandma and the grand childrens. She will love it photos and getting pampered !!!!! Who wouldn't love it!!!

This photographer is having a mother's day special for just 1 month.

20 edited pictures in a cd and HAIR AND MAKEUP for only $199.00

Check out her website here

https://www.brunaphotos.com/

her photos are AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I had to share this great pkg. I just booked my appt. for may.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"