VBAC
Options

How long to wait to attempt vbac

Just curious how long your provider told you to wait to get pregnant after CS if you wanted to try vbac? We are not TTC yet, but so curious about everything to do with vbac. We have a consultation with a pro vbac Dr in June.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How long to wait to attempt vbac

• Options

I've heard anywhere from 12 to 18 to 24 months.  My doctor prefers 18 months from the time of the incision to the time of the next birth.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My OB preferred at least 18 months between deliveries but was OK with 12 months.  DS2 was born 9 days before DS1's 2nd birthday. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My ob told me we didn't have to wait.
  • Options

My OB didn't say anything- but I wasn't considering a VBAC at first....I planned on a repeat C.  However, my VBAC was 16.5 months after my C/S. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    My births were 27 months apart but I wasn't given a timeline.  I have heard people mention 12-18 months the most. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers image image
  • Options
    My OB said to wait at least 9 months before getting pregnant again.
  • Options
    2 years used to be the magic number for liability questions, but with the new ACOG guidelines, that may be changing.  My midwives said that they preferred 18 months between births; mine ended up being just shy of that number.
  • Options
    imagetawillers:

I've heard anywhere from 12 to 18 to 24 months.  My doctor prefers 18 months from the time of the incision to the time of the next birth.

Same here. And just had a VBAC with the kiddos being 18 months apart.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"