Philadelphia Babies
Options

Birth Center in Bryn Mawr

Has anyone delivered here? Can you tell me about it? I'm newly pregnant, live in Center City and just want to make sure I research all of my options.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Birth Center in Bryn Mawr

• Options
    Can't speak personally (I delivered at Paoli), but I know just as many people who have delivered there in the area as have had hospital births and have heard nothing but good things. The nice thing is that Bryn Mawr Hospital is right across the street, so you can be taken there if any complications occur (ex: you need an emergency c-section- which happened to one friend). The midwife accompanies you over though, and it was all a positive experience.
  • Options
    Great. Thank you so much! This was very helpful :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Best Experience EVER!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I did not deliver there but I strongly considered it.  I've heard really good things about the Birth Center.  I chose not to deliver there however because you have to go home within 12 hours of delivering.  That is a plus for some women, but I wanted to have a short hospital stay to recover and rest.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I delivered there and had the best birth experience imaginable. And the 12 hour recovery period was just fine... we were ready to go home. And they send a midwife out to your house a few days later to check on you and the baby.

We were so cared for and never separated from each other, which is usually the norm in the hospital, from what I was told on my tour of Bryn Mawr.

I'm working on getting Pregnant with #2 and can't wait to go back. It is such a positive place, in every way.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Loved all the Midwives and everything about it. You can read my birth story:

http://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/49767904.aspx

Feel free to ask me anything you want : )

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"