Nurseries and Baby Gear

For full-time sleep, Fischer-Price Newborn Rock and Play sleeper

Anyone have/ had this? Esp. if you have a small place.

Did you use it for the newborn to sleep in for both naps and night-time sleep?

Is it okay for baby to sleep in this position full-time?

At what age will baby fit in this until it has outgrown it?

Would you recommend it?

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.

Re: For full-time sleep, Fischer-Price Newborn Rock and Play sleeper

• This can be used up until the baby is 25 lbs or can sit up or pull up unassisted, whichever comes first.

You CAN use it full time but I would suggest moving baby's head position frequently to prevent flat head syndrome, or use one of those "noggin nests".

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• imagegoodgalpal:

This can be used up until the baby is 25 lbs or can sit up or pull up unassisted, whichever comes first.

You CAN use it full time but I would suggest moving baby's head position frequently to prevent flat head syndrome, or use one of those "noggin nests".

What's a noggin nest?

And where'd you find those cute animated creature graphics?

Nutmeg, cilantro, sage, mint, thyme... these are a few of my favorite things! Visit The Nest!Visit The Nest! We have four children; one left us too soon.
  • Loading the player...
  • nattnnattn member

My LO was sleeping at night in a bassinet until about a week ago when we switched to the RNP. She has acid reflux and the RNP has helped her so much. She used to spit up several times during the night even on Zantac and that has completely stopped. She sleeps much better now. We love the RNP!

• My son slept in his from day one until we moved him into his crib at about 4 months.  I did put a towel inside to cushion it a little, but we had no flat head issues.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • It's great for a small place because it folds up nicely.  We are in a small apartment and love it! Baby sleeps all night in there, but never during the day because I wanted her to associate it with night sleeping (although I think she's just a good sleeper in general so not sure if it's made a difference).  During the day she naps in her swing, PnP bassinet, or someone's arms.
    image image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • This is a noggin nest.... you can get them from BRU and amazon as well.

https://www.target.com/Boppy-Noggin-Nest-Wheels-Support/dp/B001O9F6M8

The creatures in my siggy are called "bunchies" and you can do a search for them on google to find sites with images of them. 

photo maymommy2014.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker

• We have one and plan on having LO sleep in it until we move her upstairs to her crib (we have a main-floor master.) It was a suggestion from a friend who had a baby in November and told us her LO sleeps like a dream in it. I can't wait to find out if she'll be happy in it! (FWIW we also plan on having a PNP for backup, but I don't think we'll need it.)
  • My daughter slept in this every night until she was around 4.5 months and still uses it for naps.  We loved it!

DUE with Baby #2 on 10/26/14

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My crib looks so wasteful sitting in the nursery! We have only been home since Saturday, but put him in the crib the first night and it didn't go well. We've put him in the rock n' play next to me sleeping in the recliner since and it is a MIRACLE. I put a blanket behind the part his head rests on, but they'll get flat head from staying in any position too long. When he startles, fusses, or really even moves the slightest bit it gently rocks. We've been putting him in it a lot, so I was also worried about whether the position was safe for that since it's kind of bent. When I do put him in the crib to nap occasionally he stretches out, but can't in the RNP. We take him out of it and put him on the changing pad and he stays in almost a seated position like when he's in the RNP lol. 
    photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"