Working Moms

Routine and Daycare:wkends, holidays, summers

How did your child adjust to the routine of daycare vs. the routine you had at home before they went to daycare?

how does your child adjust to holidays, wkends, etc when the routine is not the same?

I just have no idea what to expect. DD will be 3 months when she goes to daycare and I have no clue how it will go- adjusting to it all.

Re: Routine and Daycare:wkends, holidays, summers

• When I was off with dd, she really didn't have a routine. Although, she did have specific patterns such as nap times and feeding times. So, those pretty much stayed the same when she got to daycare. I did have to adjust her bedtime to a bit earlier, so I had a little time to get some things done around the house, and to make it easier for her in the morning when I woke her up to take her to my mil/daycare. That's about all we did.

Her feeding schedule had to be somewhat regulated, because she is in my work daycare and I breastfeed. I have to block off times on my work calender ahead of time to do that.

• Same as skittles- DD already had her patterns, which babies mostly naturally have. The only thing I had to work on was wake-up time in the morning so we were ready in time. Naps and everything else stayed the same.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • My DD pretty much has the same schedule regardless of what day it is. We try and keep meal and naptime, etc close to what they have at daycare, otherwise she gets cranky. But toddlers are pretty 'routine based' anyway.
    My two PCOS miracles! Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • When DS started daycare (at 8 weeks) he knew nothing about a schedule.  I fed him when he was hungry and he slept when he was tired.  That was his schedule.  As he got older we developed a schedule.  Yes, we keep to that schedule (roughly) on days off.  The reason is because he sort of demands it.  By that I mean that if he is tired or hungry, he's going to be unhappy.  It is easier on all of us if we can handle that before he has to "tell" us. 

• we started daycare at 12 weeks. My DD was not on any schedule when she started. The first day and week of daycare your DD will be wore out from daycare, there is so much going on for her.  so don't be surprised.   I get a report everyday from daycare on when she eat, sleept and diaper changes.  Shw eats and sleeps about the same time everyday give or take about 30 mins. on the weekends she is about the same for am naps, but it is hard to keep the schedule on the weekends because we are out and about or at my parents or friends houses. but she gets back into the routine on monday.   I would not stess about it, your DS will tell you when she is tired or hungry
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DD started daycare at 8 wks and for the most part, adjusted very well.  She was exhausted that first week but otherwise did just fine.  We tried to keep her routine similar to how it was at daycare when at home (like now -- she has a very set naptime) but if it wasn't exact, it wasn't a big deal and she fell right back into her routine at daycare with no issues.

DD -- 5YO
    DS -- 3YO

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"