Natural Birth
Options

An intro!

Hey ladies,

I realize it's still a little early to be thinking about birth, but I was hoping to get some info from you ladies.

When giving birth to DS I decided I would go in with an open mind and ended up getting pain meds. I was offered a cocktail of drugs that was supposed make me forget about the pain, but all it did was make my head cloudy and eventually I started hallucinating (nothing to scary, I mostly saw bacon) Then I got the epidural, freaking out while they put the needle in. The epidural worked but my left leg went numb and I needed someone to hold it up the entire time I pushed. I ended up pushing for 3 hours because I couldn't feel the contractions properly.

So with this birth I would love to avoid as much of that as I can. I am going to talk with the midwife at my practice (my SIL had her during all 3 of her pregnancies and swears by her) To get her input, I would love your advice as well!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: An intro!

• Options
    welcome!
    ~Christina S~ EST: 9/27/08        *May 2015 Jan. Signature Challenge-
                                                     You had one job- Parents magazine

BFP-3/17/14 --M/C 4/25/14

• Options

Welcome! It's never too early to start thinking about the birth...there is a lot to think about! I'm sorry about the rough experience you had the first time around. I hope the midwife is a better fit and you are able to have a more natural birth (if that's what you decide you want.)

I would highly recommend reading "Ina May's Guide to Childbirth" by Ina May Gaskin. This book is great! She includes many natural birth stories from all different kinds of women that are so inspirational. Ina May also explains the whole birth process in a much better way (IMO) than many other authors on the subject. After reading it, I felt so much more informed about and ready for a natural childbirth.

Good luck with your pregnancy and definitely post questions here - this board is great and full of supportive and open minded women!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    fmw0526fmw0526 member
    Never too early! Good for you for wanting a healthier/better experience this time around. I recommend taking "Bradley classes". You can see if they are offered in your area on this website: https://www.bradleybirth.com/
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"