Health & Exercise

xp: I took a spill while running :(

I have this second tri as well.

I took a dive while running this morning. I tripped over the uneven sidewalk. So upset about it. I felt so incredibley guilty. I scraped up my hands and knees and did not hit my belly at all. I went to my Dr. and he gave me an ultrasound and my baby boy is perfect. Thank God. Ugh.

Does anyone know of any safer forms of excercise that will give me similiar benefits. I can't take anymore chances with running. I rather maintain another type of excercise and resume after he is born. I spun all Winter, and sick of it so any other suggestions would be wonderful. I plan on posting in the health and exc. forum as well. TIA!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: xp: I took a spill while running :(

• Stationary bike- alone or in a spin class, or the elliptical. I quit working out while outdoors when I hit 2nd tri because it was so freaking hot & I felt safer in the a/c, with water, a restroom, other people in case of cramps or whatever. FWIW I took step classes a few times between 12-30 weeks & it was fine. When I got bigger I left out the step & did it on the floor only.
    DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • imagecatdwg83:
    Stationary bike- alone or in a spin class, or the elliptical. I quit working out while outdoors when I hit 2nd tri because it was so freaking hot & I felt safer in the a/c, with water, a restroom, other people in case of cramps or whatever. FWIW I took step classes a few times between 12-30 weeks & it was fine. When I got bigger I left out the step & did it on the floor only.

Thank you. I am sure when it starts getting really hot here I'll have to take it indoors (we are in NY so not bad now). Thank you for your response!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • imagemelaniedel:

imagecatdwg83:
    Stationary bike- alone or in a spin class, or the elliptical. I quit working out while outdoors when I hit 2nd tri because it was so freaking hot & I felt safer in the a/c, with water, a restroom, other people in case of cramps or whatever. FWIW I took step classes a few times between 12-30 weeks & it was fine. When I got bigger I left out the step & did it on the floor only.

Thank you. I am sure when it starts getting really hot here I'll have to take it indoors (we are in NY so not bad now). Thank you for your response!

Anytime :) Good luck! 

DS1- Jan 2011
    DS2- Sept 2012
    M/C- Sept 2011

2u2!
  • What about swimming or Yoga? 
    imageimage
  • My doctor really encouraged me to swim. Some gyms offer water aerobics. It was really nice getting in the water and feeling so light compared to how you feel through out the day. I wish I would have done it more often than I did. I am looking forward to getting her in the pool with me this summer though. Good luck :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Like a few PP, I'd really recommend giving swimming a go.  It's not as convenient as running (more gear to deal with, finding a pool, paying a membership, etc.), but it's low-impact and incredibly good for your whole body. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"