January 2012 Moms

Telling my mom on Mother's Day

Hello! I am new to this forum, as I found out I was preggers on Saturday morn. My due date is 01/02/2012 (I like all the ones and twos!). I told my sister about two hours after taking the test, because I just couldn't wait to tell someone. I wanted to immediately call my mom up and tell her the great and surprising news, but I figured I'd wait until Mother's Day. I think I'll get her a card that says something like "Happy Mother's Day, Grandma!"

Is there another creative way I can tell her (or mom-in-law)? How did you tell your parents?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Telling my mom on Mother's Day

• We did kind of the same thing with a "Happy Easter Grandma & Grandpa" card for my parents and it went over really well.

We are planning on telling his mother on Mother's day with a card, and his father (they are separated) on his birthday with a card.

BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MrsMeMoMrsMeMo member
    I'm telling my mom on Mother's Day as well. I'm giving her a card that says "Happy Mother's Day. I can't wait to meet my mommy's mommy." My H already told his mom in a phone conversation because he can't keep anything exciting to himself to save a life lol.
  • Loading the player...
  • km0022km0022 member

Congrats!  A H&H 9 months to you!  We also plan on telling both sets of parents on Mother's Day via skype since they are so far away.  We wish we could do it in person, but we are just happyy to finally tell them.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am telling my mom on Mothers day too.  My sisters, my aunt and my mom and I are all meeting to got to the theater on Mothers day, so I am going to tell her then. One of my sisters already knows, but I will tell the other two on Sunday as well.

I will give her a card to Grandma and sign it Drew and my little brother or sister due New Years Day.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagem.mckee1224:
    I'm telling my mom on Mother's Day as well. I'm giving her a card that says "Happy Mother's Day. I can't wait to meet my mommy's mommy." My H already told his mom in a phone conversation because he can't keep anything exciting to himself to save a life lol.

This is so my H, he told his stepmom and mom yesterday on the phone!

I bought my mom (and aunt - who just might be the most excited: she gave me a jar of pickles for Christmas a week after our wedding!) a card that says 

'Happy Mother's Day... from one hot momma to another' and I got my mom a little desk number block calendar thing that says 'days til I'm a Grandma'

I talk to my mommy everyday; it is killing me to not tell her!

Well-behaved women rarely make history.

BFP #1 ~ 4.29.11 | Blighted Ovum 6.2.11 | D&C 6.9.11
    DX Unicornuate Uterus 4.12
    BFP #2 ~ 10.12.12 | m/c 11.25.12 | D&C 2.8.13

BFP #3 ~ 12.11.13 | heartbeat ~12.20 :) | no heartbeat ~12.27 | D&C 1.6.14

BFP #4 ~ 7.20.14 | EDD 3.29.15 | heartbeat x2 eeek! ~ 8.4 | heard heartbeat-120 ~ 8.8 |

11.6.14 Courtland Jeremiah & Landon Joseph born sleeping

• For DH's family, we are giving her a onsie as a mother's day gift that says, "I love Grandma this much!" and it's a little froggy with his arms stretched out.

For my family, we are actually telling them via my sisters. After my mom opens her mother's day gifts, I am going to tell my sister, "OH, I found this cute shirt when I was out shopping for mom's gift, so I got it for you" ((which is not unusual.. we buy each other clothes for no reason often)), and it's a onsie that says, "I love my Aunt"! Then of course, she'll be freaking out with excitement, and then my whole family will clue in. :) Just wanted to do something a little out of left field! I think this will surprise them!

BFP #1 4/23/11, EDD 1/4/12::No heartbeat @ 9 wks::D&C 6/1/11 
    Child #1  June 2012
    Child #2  Feb 2014
    Child #3  Feb 16
    BFP 3/9/17
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • First, welcome and congrats!  I wish I was telling my mom on Mother's day, but DH and I decided to wait until memorial day weekend when both his family and my family will be at the beach house together.  We live in NE and both of our families live in GA, so we are going to say it is an early father's day present, since DH and I won't be with them on father's day.  We are going to give them both a book of grandparent names to spill the beans! I really hope I (and my DH) make it until then.... it is so hard keeping this a secret!!!!
  • rachesraches member
    I'm planning to tell my mom on mother's day as well.  I am going to write a message in her card that says, "Love, R & J & Your future grandchild expected around January 6, 2012"
    Owen and Olivia born on November 2, 2011 at 30.5 weeks Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DH and I just found out we're pregnant on Sat, and my family happened to be out of town, so even though I was tempted to call my mom and tell her right away, I did not. I too, decided to tell my mom on Mother's Day. We have dinner reservations for Mother's Day. My mom always like to check out funny photos and videos of us and our friends, so I think I am going to ask her at dinner to look at something funny on my phone, and show her the photo of my +hpt, then tell her "Happy Grandmother's Day!" Not very creative, but I think she will be pleasantly surprised.

I have not decided when and how to tell my MIL yet, since she lives out of country, and with my last pregnancy ended in an ectopic one, I do not want to worry her until I am sure this one sticks.

• When DH and I got married, we gave both of our Moms a Brighton charm bracelet with the wedding ring charm.  For Easter, we gave both of our Moms another charm to add to their bracelet, the baby carriage.  Both LOVED it and can't wait until they get to tell everyone and can start showing off their new charm.  We just thought it was a fun way to give them a little momento.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • We're having both sets of parents over for dinner, and having a baby-themed meal.

Baby carrots, Baby spinach, Baby back ribs, buns hot out of the oven...

BabyFruit TickerLilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"