South Jersey Babies

Kennedy Memorial Hospital Washington Township

As anyone delivered at Kennedy in Washington Township or know someone who has? I am trying to find an Ob/Gyn in the area and am interested in other people's experiences with Kennedy.

I keep hearing Virtua Voorhees is "the" hospital to have a baby. Any suggestions?

Re: Kennedy Memorial Hospital Washington Township

• I haven't heard anything ont he Kennedy hospital. However, Virtua Voorhees is re-doing their maternity ward (I believe the drop date is in May). From everything I've heard the rooms will be spa like.
  • Mrs1Mrs1 member
    Thanks for the reply! I need to find an Ob/Gyn and can't decide which hospital to deliver at.
  • Loading the player...
  • I delivered at Kennedy in November.  Their maternity ward is new and state of the art.  Mother Baby is a tad dated BUT all private - Virtua is not.  Even if you get a private room at Virtua you can be overruled if they are overbooked, which frequently happens, from what I hear.  I hear good things about both but Kennedy was right for me. 

University Doctors in Sewell offers midwives and OBs - they were my practice and I was happy. 

Good luck!

• Mrs1Mrs1 member
    Thanks for the input!!
  • May 22nd Virtua Voorhees moves to a new state of the art hospital with the entire hospital being all private rooms and they are massive! You may want to consider Virtua plus they have a Level 1 NICU... best in the area....
    ~Kath~ Proud Mommy to Kailyn Marie (8-16-05) & KJ (7-26-08) Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersimageLilypie Pregnancy tickershref="http://s34.photobucket.com/albums/d105/kath0816/?action=view&current=DSC02152-1-1.jpg" target="_blank">Photobucket
  • I have to hop on the Virtua bandwagon as well.  They are moving to a brand new hospital sometime in May (I've heard conflicting dates).  All the rooms will be private with accommodations for a family member to stay the night with the patient.  I had a family member deliver at Kennedy in Washington Twp about 4 years ago and was appalled at the care (or lack thereof) that she and the baby received right after her delivery.  I couldn't tell you who her doctor was but the nurses weren't impressive at all.

I go to Garden State Ob/Gyn in Voorhees and am very happy with the care I've received from them.  I've been cycling through all the doctors during my OB care and haven't had any particular issue with any of them, some just click better with my personality.  My favorite so far is Dr. Ricci.  She's new but she seems to know her stuff and takes as much time as needed with you.  For non-OB related visits I see Nicole Parone one of the Nurse Practitioners.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • another vote for Virtua Voorhees!  I had my son there in 08, and was given a private room and had no issues.  Unfortun.  unless I want to schedule my C section late, I will not be able to deliver at the new Virtua. 

It is opening on May 22nd.  It will be all private rooms and brand new.  and like a pp wrote, the NICU is the best around.  that is worth it to me.  I live right outside of Mullica Hill and Kennedy would be so much closer, or even Elmer...but I am not taking any chances if my baby needs NICU care. 

I too go to Garden State ob/gyn.  I have seen all of the doctors.  Everyone develops their own favorites/preferences...but I have yet to have a bad experience with any of them.

• My sister in law delivered at Kennedy and everything was fine except for the fact that they didn't put her epidural in right. And no one even noticed! It was her first child and she didn't know what to expect from the meeds so she just thought that they sucked and didn't work. It wasn't until she leaned forward in the bed that her husband noticed that the bed was getting all wet because the epidural fluid wasn't going in, it was just leaking down her back! They fixed it and all went well but she was really pissed as you can imagine.
  • Jumping in... actually have been taking a bump break.  I live in Elmer, and with my previous pregnancy (demise at 21w1d...missed at elmer radiology), my ob and I were elmer bound.  However, with the screwing up they did, (didn't detect any of the malformations or the fetal hydrops at the anatomy scan plus incredibly insensitive), and having my d&e done at kennedy, this time there is no doubt i'll use kennedy.  i have heard wonderful things about virtua, but from my experience with the staff at kennedy they are friendly and helpful and sensitive too!  i am just hoping my ob has birthing rights there, or i'll be looking to switch (i'm not sure my perinatologist can deliver me since it'll be a scheduled c-section).

Good luck! 

image Robbie's Blog
    DD #1 born 10/21/03

DD #2 born 2/8/06

DS no hb 11/17/10 at 21w1d, d&e 11/24,demise due to fetal hydrops, from congestive heart failure, probably caused by structural malformation

Our Rango....BFP 2/6/11...hb on 2/23...perfectly healthy, but no hb on 6/9/11 d & e 6/15/2011
    Rango's Blog
  • I just delivered at Virtua in Voorhees 3 weeks ago. It was one of the worst experiences I have ever had to deal with. I had a scheduled c-section due to gestational diabetes. That part went fine. The doctors and nurses were great. All the problems started when I found out I would have to share a room with another mother who delivered via c-section. There is nothing like coming out of major surgery and finding out you need to share a shoebox size room with a complete stranger. Because I had to share a room my husband was forced to leave at 8pm (3 hours after I delivered) (I was told had we been in a private room he could have stayed as long as he wanted). Worse yet, this particular roomate had visitors constantly, including her other 2 children (ages 4 and 6).  It was such an uncomfortable and stressful experience for me that I told my nurse on the second day that I would be checking myself out as long as my baby was giving a clean bill of health. I was in a lot of pain due to having my ovaries removed as well as the c-section, but this situation was so bad I chose to deal with the pain at home.

• I also go to Garden State, and I love the doctors there. I'll be delivering at the new Virtua and I am excited about that. Go to the site for the new hospital, you can watch videos and see how great the rooms look--they are huge and look beautiful. I live 5 minutes from Kennedy and I am doing Virtua because of the wonderful reputation! :)
  • By the way--the new Virtua claims to have ONLY private rooms...so hopefully that's what we'll experience there...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"