Detroit Babies

Clarkston Daycare Recommendation

Hello!  I have just recently started lurking on this board and would like to introduce myself!  I'm due with my first in August and live in Clarkston.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend daycare in the Clarkston area.  I would prefer an in home daycare as opposed to a center, but I'm open to either.

Thanks!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Clarkston Daycare Recommendation

• Hi!  I live in Clarkston too!  I didn't really look into home daycare but we did sign our son up at The Learning Experience on Sashabaw.  I love how they start education from day one and move your child up into a different group every six months so they continue to learn at progressive level. 

We'll start him there in June so I haven't had any first hand experience yet except for the tour and the staff.  Everyone is very friendly and I felt confident he would be taken care of there.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That one is right by my house and I really wanted to send my son there, however, I'm a teacher and you still have to pay for days that I have off which I have a really hard time getting over!! 

Thanks for the suggestion!  Since you are also from Clarkston do you have a pediatrician you recommend?

• Loading the player...
  • Yes!  Anyone from Clarkston Medical Group is fantastic but Dayne sees Dr. Tim O'Neill. 

Did you check out Planet Kids on Clarkston Rd yet?  They may have the same policy though about paying for your days.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Our DS is at TLE and love it. You do have to pay when they are not there and that does suck esp when they are sick and out for a week.  My DH and I pay monthly and have gotten used to it.  That first year was rough having our little guy sick a lot and having to still pay.  When we looked at Planet Kids and The Little Peoples Place they had the same policy.  Good luck finding one.

Tarah - you will love heather the infant a teacher.  she is great with the little ones.  our little guy still stops at the infant rooms to wave at them.  he is now in toddler b.

image Sandy RIP 1-11-09 imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Everywhere I call seems to have the same policy.  I've tried Planet Kids too.  It sounds like TLE is the place to go!  I'm going to have to go check it out and just suck it up paying for days he's not there!  The convenience of it will be nice too.
  • I live in clarkston and take my kids to a home daycare.  Her name is Jaime Beauchamp she lives off Walton between Sashabaw and Clintonville and is great.  Very good rates and does great with the kids.  Her # is 2486721549

I also take my kids to Clarkston Medical Group, they are great.

good luck!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"