April 2011 Moms

Linus is home- Last jaundice update!

Update: he definitely turned the corner! After his level today we got the call that it had gone down to a low 9.something. Hurray! We're done with this at least. :)

Linus' levels were checked again this morning. Yesterday they had risen slightly after I posted and he wasn't having stools or urinating too well. Since he still hadn't pooped by the morning they assumed his level would have risen and he'd have to go under the hardcore lights and stay another day at least. Surprise surprise! We fed like crazy last night every bit of BM and formula that he would take and his level dropped from 13.9 to 11.4 so that was awesome! It took him out of the high-risk zone. We stayed there later today and kept him on the bili blanket. Since it had dropped a significant amount they let us go home today without the blanket. He's going back tomorrow morning for a heel stick to check it again. ::fingers crossed::!!!!

...and some more pics of course!

Just got home in his "coming home outfit"  with the blanket his great grandma made. :)

After his first feeding and diaper change at home! He's having latching/feeding issues because of his issues, but we actually got him to take the breast on our own! Hurray. 

photo newsig2_zps17ef14af.jpg

Re: Linus is home- Last jaundice update!

• Good job Linus!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Welcome home, Linus! :-)
    MacAndCheese
    Mac and cheese lover!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • kje120kje120 member
    So sweet. :) And congrats on the better levels . I hope they've dropped even more for you tomorrow.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Yay! Way to go Linus!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • What a cutie! Hope everything continous to go well tomorrow.

Love, Peace and Rock & Roll the urban ellas Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • What a cutie :)  D had blood draws in his first few days of life - once his levels dropped from 12 something to 11 something, the pedi told us we were in the clear - he said very rarely do the numbers drop and then rise again.  Hopefully that rings true for Linus also!
  • Glad he's home! He's just adorable!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

DD ~ 4/21/2011
    DD 2.0 ~ 12/30/2013

• luvdv8luvdv8 member

Ugh- I've had two jaundiced babies, so I sympathize.

Once they turn the corner, they don't go back- jaundice is either a getting better or getting worse kind of thing. So long as he's dropping off at a good pace then he should be ok. Two things I've learned- sunshine is very effective at combating the jaundice and formula is more effective than BM for helping the body pass the dying blood cells.

I hope he does awesome at home and his heel pricks go well tomorrow. Feed, feed, feed and sun, sun, sun.

Our Little Family Keeps Growing! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • He is adorable. I'm glad things are going so well!
  • vilarovilaro member
    What a beautiful boy. Welcome, Linus!
    TTC #2
    BFP 3/28/16 (EDD 12/9/16) * Chemical pregnancy
    ME: 40 yrs.old
    DH: 41 yrs.old
    DD: 5 yrs.

• He is adorable!
    IVF #1- BFP- DD 4/8/2011
    FET #1- 3BB and 3B-B
    Beta #1 (4w0d)- 504
    Beta #2 (4w4d)- 4,577
    Beta #3 (6w0d)- 78,399 HB 115 bpm
    U/S #2 7w0d- HB 155 bpm

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• yay! i feel your pain...my felix had to do the phototherapy thing at home, and i had to supplement BF with formula...which made me really sad b/c i thought i couldn't give my son what he needs. it's been such an emotional roller coaster since my lil guy was born.

glad your lil man is doing better!

• Glad he is heading home.  be prepared for it to go back up a little though. DS was going down when he was released from the NICU(at 9.9).  it went all the way back up to 17.5 before coming back down again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"